S13 Stiff brake pedal

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
luki343
Car: 200SX s13 CA18

Hey,
I own s13 a few years (~10 :D) and from beginning has stiff pedal and long stopping distance, it's almost impossible to lock wheels on dry grippy road.
I tried rebuild all calipers, new dot4, uncountable times bleed air (with enginge on/off), new brake discs+pads, brake hose and nothing change...

Brake booster is airtight, check valve works.
My brakes are almost stock (93' s13 200sx abs), only s14 front calipers, and from beginning i have anti-lock warining light active (problably faulty abs control unit, because abs wheel sensors works fine on osciloscope).

Any ideas?

macgiver

What do you mean " Brake booster is airtight " ?? Have you disconnected the vacuum hose going to the booster ( plug the engine vac side )to see what DIFFERENCE that makes in pedal force - to stop car , as a comparison ?

luki343
Car: 200SX s13 CA18

macgiver wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm
What do you mean " Brake booster is airtight " ??
i mean FSM (BR-8) "airtight check" and "operating check"
macgiver wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:15 pm
Have you disconnected the vacuum hose going to the booster ( plug the engine vac side )to see what DIFFERENCE that makes in pedal force - to stop car , as a comparison ?
No but I will check it in the near future

macgiver

I'll leave you with this - doing that "Booster elimination test " will leave you essentially with NO ASSIST , or in other words " manual - like brakes " thus necessitating EXTREMELY hard pedal pressure .

BE CAREFUL , go DRIVE WAY OUT IN BUMFUNCT ie NO TRAFFIC CONGESTION , NO RUSH HOUR !!!
I believe it's a bestest , and fastest way to discern a bad Booster , ya know .........be SAFE :yesnod

p.s. I see our timing was just seconds apart LOL

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”