S13 rear speaker adapters?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
bbiksey007
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX

I got a pair of these and I wouldnt recomend them. I installed them(which was very frustrating) because you have to take out the rear covers and everything. You have to use a short screwdriver and since I have big hands that wasnt easy. I ended up breaking a few rivets and at the end I popped in my 6.5 kicker ks speakers and the magnet hit the metal frame and wouldnt fit at all let alone the original factory covers over them. How ever they probably would've fit if I cut alittle of the metal out. So conclusion: get these if you plan on getting fairly shallow speakers and dont mind a little modification...Hope this helps ya'll out alittle.

ExD
Car: nissan 200sx s13

I have put them without adapters))))

Sushibandito
Car: 1992 240sx HB

First Post Ever!

I finished this up today, took at least 2-3 hours just to get the interior stripped and the metal trays out, cut, and re-installed. Very time consuming. I used a hacksaw for the metal tray (its at least 1/8" thick, so impossible with tin snips) and a razor/utility knife for the plastic cover to get it cleaned up. It did require taking off the rear seats and side panels, plus busting a few rivets to get to a lower screw on the metal tray.

Note for those who don't want to cut the metal tray: My JBL speakers have a mounting depth of 2 1/4", and I don't think you could get away with anything smaller than 1 1/2". But getting to the terminals would be impossible without cutting the tray, unless you made some huge holes in the adapter with a drill bit. Once the tray is cut, you can go as deep as 6" before you hit the fender wall.

dat925stunna
Car: 90 hatch s13

or do wat i did i made my own cargo cover out of Mdf to hold 6x9 kappas i had

dat925stunna
Car: 90 hatch s13

or do wat i did i made my own cargo cover out of Mdf to hold 6x9 kappas i had

kasey24e
Car: Nissan 240sx (1990)/Nissan Sentra (2004)

Sorry to thread jack, but which direction do the rear speaker covers pop off? I've pushed and pulled pretty hard to no avail, I don't wanna break em. Thanks.

Sushibandito
Car: 1992 240sx HB

kasey24e wrote:Sorry to thread jack, but which direction do the rear speaker covers pop off? I've pushed and pulled pretty hard to no avail, I don't wanna break em. Thanks.

I believe its called "necro-posting" or bumping dead/old threads, but no worries :)

The speaker covers have 4 tabs, they will pop off pretty easily if you put a slotted screwdriver between the cover and the larger plastic base. They pop off sort-of straight up, towards the hatch glass. It definitely takes some effort, the first time I was convinced it would break, but it'll hold together, just pry towards either eend where the clips are, probably more support there than at the center.

You really only need to use the screwdriver to get it loose from the two tabs towards the center of the car, once those are gone the back two can be removed by hand.

WOLFMANSGOTNARDS

I know this thread is old, but I also got the rear mounts recently.Now that i see it, they could of made a single plate like the fronts. Doesn't seem like elevating the speaker would make much difference. I might just try to mount my 6.5s to the actual metal of could make a mount from MDF board. Don't look like there is much room though. Tried MDF for the front, but got water damage.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”