s13 ka24, wont idle, unreactive to gas pedal.

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
2JZS2000

so i have an 89 240sx, with the full dropout of a 92 s13 ka24 and the 92 ecu, i am unsure if the harness was changed.
when you unplug the maf it will idle okayish in safe mode and be limited to 2500rpms
i cant find any air leaks in the car, i even resealed the injectors when i was testing them.
when you plug in the brand new OEM maf we purchased the car will either idle around 300rpm then die, die immediately, or rev to about 2k for 30 seconds while being unresponsive to pedal, and then die.
new tps installed that was adjusted to correct spec
i voltage dropped the maf wires and they do not have a break in them, i also grounded the maf right at the connector like some write ups do.
i have no air intake temp sensor hooked up.

i spent too much money on the car, id at least like to drive it during summer :chuckle: i have been working on this about 2 months now.

macgiver

mac,so a whole different eng. and it's harness in 89 240sx ? So much potential for connections not getting to the "New" ecm's proper "pins" . I'm not pretending to know that eng. nor car BUT I do figure your best to get the Factory pinouts for the car's ORIGINAL ECM , and FULLSchematic of car - COMPARE/TRACE the replacement eng.' ECM pinouts and maybe utilize it's Factory FULL Schematic , thus being COMPLETELY sure & VERIFY every wire from every componant (mostly w/respect to motor of course) COMES & GOES where they're Spo'sed to . :tisk:Gotta start somewhere , get a good BASE to start- work up from there? :bigthumb:Next would be individual "componant testing" via a FSM , then replacing any bad ones - NOW how does she run ? :rotfl

2JZS2000

right? and it was a sloppy swap as well, wires all tapped into at one point in time or another, connectors everywhere. im focusing on mostly maf related systems because you can drive the thing in safe mode fairly well, she'll run decent till 3k then safe mode kicks in. its honestly between buying a new harness or swapping in a sr20, obviously the cost are hugely different but at least with the sr20 i would do the swap right. i have a 2jz s2000 in the garage with a fully intergrated clutster to the toyota pcm, its the most reliable car i own lol.
The 240s has a welded diff, 5 lug swap with 350z wheels, some brake and engine goodies, ital be a good car once its in shape.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”