s13 Heater Core Control Cable Bracket

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
2.4Loflove
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX SE

Hi guys, I searched but can't seem to find a picture with the bracket installed on the bottom the heater core (s13) that the control cable connects to before it hooks to the steel rod. Like a genius I didn't take pictures when I disassembled around 3+ years ago. Any diagram/photo/info on the bracket (all I have is a piece of steel and a bolt, doesn't look complete unless I rig it) would be greatly appreciated. I have a pic I'll try to upload in a bit.

Thanks,
Josh

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Something there is missing, the cable outer should be pinned in some way to your bracket plate with the bolt and the bolt needs to be tight with the bracket up to line the cable up with the lever the inside attaches to. End of cable simply has eyelet go over the pin but without a pinch bracket to lock the outer cable in place the end will fall off with any use. The slot in your bracket is likely to hold whatever clip or locking fastener that is missing there.

2.4Loflove
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX SE

amc49 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:54 pm
Something there is missing, the cable outer should be pinned in some way to your bracket plate with the bolt and the bolt needs to be tight with the bracket up to line the cable up with the lever the inside attaches to. End of cable simply has eyelet go over the pin but without a pinch bracket to lock the outer cable in place the end will fall off with any use. The slot in your bracket is likely to hold whatever clip or locking fastener that is missing there.
Correct, I'm just looking for what that plastic bracket used to look like via a diagram or picture someone has handy. I might give Nissan a call today, they might be able to shine some light on the situation.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You easily have enough material on the blank end of the tab to simply cobble up another one same length and width and drill a hole in both for another small nut and bolt to trap the cable in place. Bend a light V in the newly made up part as a cable trap. All of 10 minutes max work there, maybe 3-4 if you are good. Look at cheapo universal lawn mower control cables as an example, they generally include a plate made exactly as I describe. Or look at Dorman Motormite Help! line universal carb choke cables, often the same type end used.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”