s13 gktech front sway bar

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Frijoele
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Hey y'all, hope all is well. I'm new here so I guess this is my introduction as well. I'm 20 years old, and I have a '91 coupe with a bone stock KA. I was wondering if anybody with an s13 has run the gktech front sway bar with the gktech OEM style end links with the factory control arms? I'm having trouble installing it. After I torqued the D bushing bolts, and the top end link nut, the last step is to lower the car with tension on the wheels (to simulate it being on the ground) and torque the bottom end link nut, but the end link goes through the factory control arm hecka crooked. Am I doing something wrong? Your input is appreciated and thank you for your time! :bigthumb:
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

pictures would make it easier to help.

you can host them on https://imgbb.com/ Not exactly sure what to tell you. Have you reached out the GKTech? Their customer support is generally awesome.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Yeah sometimes they have a bit of a funky angle until its loaded down and torqued.
So definitely get it started while its in the air and then do the final torque on the ground. You might even want to bounce on the suspension a bit to try to get it settled before final torque.

Frijoele
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX

Update: So after messing with it for a while I eventually got it to fit with the end links not being wildly crooked, the gktech front sway bar uses a lever arm that has 3 stiffness adjustments, but I was kind of forced to go with the softest setting so that the end links would fit without it being too crooked. It was still kind of crooked when I tightened everything up but I just sent it hoping it would work.

I've been driving on it for about 2 weeks now, feels good and I suppose it works well, fast corners are sharp along with my BC Racing BR series coilovers, although being that it's only .5mm thicker than the stock one I doubt you could feel a huge difference. This is my first after market sway bar so I can't compare it with anything, but I recommend trying it to get more information out there, but with a hefty $285 price tag I understand why you wouldn't, over priced IMO. Thanks y'all<3

Return to “240sx General Discussion”