S13 FR control arms(PDM)

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Zion8561
Car: 92 Nissan S13 Fastback

Has anyone bought these front control arms from PDM, or done business with PDM at all? I want to get a set but am not sure what type of ball joint they have installed, or what quality the arm is. My ball joints need to be replaced, and it seems like a really good deal to just buy the whole arm for $10 more.

I have emailed them but still havnt gotten any response...

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

They're a forum sponsor & carry loads of good stuff.

The ball joint from the front lower control arms are oem replacements that you must grease. I've had mine for a few months now, and they still seem fine, about time for another lubing tho, haha.

They work fine, if you have the money though, get the one w/ whiteline bushings, yum - those don't need any lubing/greasing.

nissanparts.org
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX
2006 Sentra Spec V

I tried to order from them once with a friend of mine but we were unable to complete the order because ... well we couldnt find a way to finalize it. We called but no one answered so we gave up.

raigson
Car: '91 s13 coupe

I've purchased many items from PDM including the front and rear control arms with Whiteline bushings. I believe they get the oem arms(oem bushing) from Nissan like everyone else. Here are pics of the ones I got. I had the 1639's(rears) pressed in by a local machine shop. It sucks that you can't buy an aftermarket ball joint for the rears. But anyway don't hesitate to buy from them. I'd put them in the same boat as SPL, no doubt.

Juujai

how'd the car feel after the white new bushings and new joints?

raigson

Well those arms pictured are going on my project which is still a couple months off. But a guy I know has them (Energy Susp. kit) and his car feels really solid. Don't forget subframe bushings/spacers too!! Totally worth it if you like to do any spirited driving in your car.

chmercer

SPLParts sells heim jointed chromoly front and rear lower control arms, guy who was asking about aftermarket ball joints. very good stuff!

raigson

Hell yes those are sick...I might get them later on but they are pricey.

Zion8561

Thanks for the replies. I still have not heard back from PDM, its been a week and a half. I just didnt want to buy the arms if they came with a low grade ball joint installed. I dont want to have to replace them any sooner than necessary. Moog ball joints cost almost as much as the entire arm though.

I have energy suspension bushings for the control arms already. I will probably just install the new arms with the stock bushings until it is time to replace them or the ball joint again, and then install the poly bushings.

raigson

Have you called them? Chris or Corey usually answer the phone. I've talked to Don (owner) once before. He can probably tell you how long you can expect them to last since he's probably replaced so many of them. They should last a long time as long as you don't hit anything. I've seen original ball joints go 100k+ miles without busting. The tension rod bushings usually blow first. Anyway I hope everything works out for you.

veilside180sx

They keep an average of 15-20 of those things in stock. I ordered mine from Don about a year ago as well.

We installed Spicer rear ball joints in my powdercoated/boxed stock arms. So you can do it...just have to know where to get them=)

Realistically though the PDM arms for the money aren't bad at all.

Zion8561

I called and talked to cory, and the new arms are on the way. Cant go wrong for $53.

Dori Dori
Car: Cars of course

Zion8561 wrote:Thanks for the replies. I still have not heard back from PDM, its been a week and a half. I just didnt want to buy the arms if they came with a low grade ball joint installed. I dont want to have to replace them any sooner than necessary. Moog ball joints cost almost as much as the entire arm though.

I have energy suspension bushings for the control arms already. I will probably just install the new arms with the stock bushings until it is time to replace them or the ball joint again, and then install the poly bushings.
Little FYI, they are not OEM arms and the ball joint specs are NOT the same. i had them and was very confused when I decided to go five lug and my s14 ball joints sat on the snap ring. I don't even know if replacement ball joints are avail fot the arms. Personally I wouldn't waste my time with them again.

modulation

Never thought I'd pump thread this old, but I ran into the same problem. Went to go replace the ball joint in my PDM bushings and SURPRISE it's not the same as the OEM S13 or S14 arm uses. Anyone ever find out what ball joints the pdm arms actually use? I wish I never would've bought them.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”