S13 dropzone SPRINGS

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
KSee777

Anyone has these? I'm talking about their springs, anot their coilovers..... They say "2.0 - 2.5 drop" and I would like to see how low exactly they will go. I live in Houston where there are lots of bump and potholes and my car has a body kit. So I was wondering if it will drop my car too low.

drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

Um I dunno if this helps, but I do have the Dropzone springs on my s14...they work great, ride is still considerably stiff and they drop the car almost 2 inches...maybe it's different for the s13? It might drop your car too low if it says 2-2.5 in......

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

dont be a foo, stay in drugs and dont do dropzone springs! Their just for show, not for practical use. dayum ebay auctions!

drifter

Not everyone can afford the Eibach and Tein-quality springs, and in my opinion, I think the Dropzones work very well. I mean, how would you know, 89sxRCR, unless you had them on your car? : )

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

89sxRCR wrote:dont be a foo, stay in drugs and dont do dropzone springs! Their just for show, not for practical use. dayum ebay auctions!

Coming from someone with a completely stock car, this is bad advice. Dropzones to the 240sx is alot like Kumho's are to rims. They work VERY well for the price, but they aren't the best. This doesn't make them crap, it just makes them practical. I say go for them.

drifter

There you go, that's the word....practical. Poor college students like me go for cheap mods a lot of times, but it's not like my car is fully sponsored by APC. And who knows? If I win the lottery, I'd probably upgrade all of the mods on my car!

.....heck, I'd probably buy a Supra!

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

2.25 is way too much for an S13 with a body kit.. i would say no more then 1.25 ... but thats just what i was going to go with on my stock body.. heck i had low pro tires and they made me scrape on stuff..

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

drifter wrote:Not everyone can afford the Eibach and Tein-quality springs, and in my opinion, I think the Dropzones work very well. I mean, how would you know, 89sxRCR, unless you had them on your car? : )

Jesus, how cheap are they? My Sportlines were like $200.

Nick.

89sxRCR

Quote »Not everyone can afford the Eibach and Tein-quality springs, and in my opinion, I think the Dropzones work very well. I mean, how would you know, 89sxRCR, unless you had them on your car? : )[/quote] hmm... maybey because i DID have them on my car smart a$$. When i first got my car, i was looking on ebay and saw these cheap *** dropzones, ordered em, installed em. The car then suffered the worse bump-steer imaginable, theres no way you can drift with those springs, the car shook so violently your foot would press more or less on the gas pedal. So, i took em off and threw em away till i got some more money, and got some better springs.Quote »ride is still considerably stiff [/quote] of course its stiff thier cheap a$$ stiff springs...Quote »Coming from someone with a completely stock car, this is bad advice. Dropzones to the 240sx is alot like Kumho's are to rims. They work VERY well for the price, but they aren't the best. This doesn't make them crap, it just makes them practical. [/quote] I say you dont know what your talking about. First off, that completely stock comment better not be pointed at me. Dropzones are CHEAP, that is the only good quality. If you want the same effect even cheaper, cut your springs. The point is cheaper is not always good, u get what u pay for. He should save for better springs and not buy crap. They are not practical either, you would need to buy new shocks or they will BLOW your current ones. But hey, you know what your talking about cuz u had them...o wait...

drifter

89sxRCR wrote:hmm... maybey because i DID have them on my car smart a$$. When i first got my car, i was looking on ebay and saw these cheap *** dropzones, ordered em, installed em. The car then suffered the worse bump-steer imaginable, theres no way you can drift with those springs, the car shook so violently your foot would press more or less on the gas pedal. So, i took em off and threw em away till i got some more money, and got some better springs.

Hmmmm, sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with the Dropzones, but you still haven't answered the question. Did you really have them on your car? All you said was "maybey", and yes, you did spell it like that.

I think I'm gonna opt for some Sportlines. Hmmmmm.....: )

91nis240

for lowering springs i recommend INTRAX and i recommend them highly!!

mark

i just saw drop springs on ebay for 115 usd with free shipping just search 240sx drop springs, or if you dont know how ill post the link if you ask

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

I think the best springs for the 240sx would be either the Eibachs, Intrax's, or H&R's.Agree? Disagree?

89sxRCR

Quote »Hmmmm, sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with the Dropzones, but you still haven't answered the question. Did you really have them on your car? All you said was "maybey", and yes, you did spell it like that. [/quote] man, are you illiterate? hmm maybey I DID have them was in response to "how would you know unless you have them." F.uck my spelling of maybey, its obvious that i HAD them, i launched into an ENTIRE BACKGROUND of my experience with them. So YES, i DID HAVE THEM. How about this, i work on my spelling of "maybey" and you work on learning how to read and comprehend.Quote »i just saw drop springs on ebay for 115 usd with free shipping just search 240sx drop springs, or if you dont know how ill post the link if you ask[/quote] congratulations, u found the "ebay delux" cheap a$$ 240 springs... and im pretty sure people know how to use the ebay search engine, killer. But thanks for offering. By the way, there at least two other threads on dropzones and they all say the same thing I do, BUY BETTER ONES.

drifter

..sigh....

Well, whatever. I didn't mean to sound so hostile. You are right though 89sxRCR....Eibachs would probably be a better choice or maybe even Intrax. I can't afford either/or right now...but I'll probably upgrade once I do have enough money.

89sxRCR

all right no hard feelings man, thought you were trying to get a little "sassy" with me. whatever you choose, you can always swap later, like me. Peace

drifter

89sxRCR wrote:all right no hard feelings man, thought you were trying to get a little "sassy" with me. whatever you choose, you can always swap later, like me. Peace

Haha, man, I think I have a problem with that....people have been getting this idea that I always try to get on their nerves...maybe I should change the way I type...: )

Yikes! Apologies to anyone i've offended....!!

Sygerwulf
Car: 91 240SX SE

lol good thing this thread cooled down. The way it was going would have soon had it moved to the Ring :D

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

i like how you say your a poor college kid an you drive a 98 240sx what do you consider poor only a 250,000 $ house an one bmw in the family.

89sxRCR

haha are you implying us 89s are po' folk?

slw240sx
Car: 1990 Ca18det 240sx Hatch

well hmmm yep guess so either that or we just like them better but i guess im not that poor just cant save my money not yet,, im just gettin used to having a income even if it is only like 450-500$ a week im poor

drifter

slw240sx wrote:i like how you say your a poor college kid an you drive a 98 240sx what do you consider poor only a 250,000 $ house an one bmw in the family.

I'm probably poor BECAUSE I have a 98 240SX....mind you, it's not fully paid off yet (which I am paying for by myself+insurance every month), I go to a private university (very very expensive), and I have a girlfriend ($$$$$$$$$$$$!).

So yeah I still consider myself poor, but probably only because I made myself that way. :ylsuper

SpeeDDrifT
Car: drive. drift. drive....um drift...SAFELY. k

i've got intrax.....they are good. tein is next. swaping out is good. i never experienced dropzone springs but i can't imagine them being that unsafe and blowing out shocks. of course the name dropzone does say something about the springs i guess.

now that my curiousity is going......89sxRCR what exactly do you have done to your car? any pictures?

89sxRCR

Quote »89sxRCR what exactly do you have done to your car? any pictures?[/quote] guaranteed its nothing huge... I have a apexi n1 exhaust (fer the SR, right now its prolly dropping my low end) k&n air filter (figured what the hell) the matrix headlight conversion (not cosmetic conversion folks) Pivot headlight adjuster w/ airflow meter, and new to the team my eibach springs..... And i got a nice fresh 180sx sitting in my garage...eta to my 240: after christmas -waiting for my friend to get back from ucla (he gots a swapped datsun 240z) no pictures as of yet, however im going to make a tutorial for the sr swap and then post it all here including pictures, got to go to kinkos and get em scanned in (i dont have a digital camera or scanner :( )

KSee777

hehe... this forum went like all the way around the world and then some. I'm glad it went back on topic. This helped me a bunch...I guess I'll stay away from dropzone. But I still need a few pics of people with dropped S13 so I can see how much is too low with a body kit.

S13Lover

shi t i got my dropzone just because it cheap ... and god damn .. one thing i can you tell . STAY AWAY FROM IT .... everytime i hit a railroad track the car bounce like hell .. and i can barely keep my foot on the gas cause my *** would be on the air at that time ... and trust me .. it is SUCK wwaste of money ....... Now that i got my eibach yesterday ... looking for a KYB shocks any one got hook up

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

i got my eibachs for like 180 shipped, i bet you could afford that.

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....13991

drifter

Doods, I still have the Dropzones on my car. No problems at all. I think the S14 ones are ok, the S13 ones don't seem to perform well...anyone here have Dropzones on their S14s?

89sxRCR

dropzone universally is crap man, sorry to break it to you, s13 or s14 or whatever the application. If your looking for performance find some other brand :) cuz dropzones are for just that, raw DROP power, thats it. ;)

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

While I can't personally attest to the springs for the 240, I can say this. My buddy owns a shop that modify's PT cruisers. Usually just cosmetic stuff. They use the Dropzone Airride kits. Good stuff. But not tailored around performance. We put a set of springs they made on a PT as well. Not a bad spring for the street, but it wasn't made with performace in mind. And I also can't attest to the quality. If they are cheap, chances are there isn't as much. Probably a hot wound spring, no corrosion preventative measures, and no anti-sag measures taken in the manufacturing process. This is a lot of what sets apart a spring from a great spring.

As far as Intrax is concerned, a friend of mine used to work there. She said the quality isn't great.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for...

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”