S13 2jzgte tachometer hook up help!

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
2jazy240
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone got their stock tachometer of 89 90 240sx hooked up to the 2jzgte (I believe the 240 came with the DOHC tach since it had an SR before)? I am having the worst luck with it. I got the Dakota SGI-8 box hooked up. It flashes green meaning it has a signal (using ignitor pin AND NOT tachometer pin out as told). When hooked up to the gauge cluster, it is unresponsive. I tried both low and high voltage out, which covers the SOHC and DOHC gauge cluster.

Tach was taken out and inspected and the connection looked clean (nothing burnt). Has anyone have any experiences with the dakota box and hook up? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Also, speedometer....do I need to change out the VSS? Thanks!!!

After spending a couple more hours of searching, some ppl are saying use Pin 1 "Ignition Switch" (IGSW) Pin out. Is this THE ONE and NOT Pin 58 "IGF" (ignitor)

2jazy240
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

UPDATE:

Finally got it to work...turn out either my SOHC tachometer is faulty or the SOHC tachometer cannot pickup the high voltage signal coming out of the converter box! DOHC works with the low voltage output settings of the box. Now trying to figure out the speedo....

Return to “Hybrids”