S13 240sx Fuel pump issue.

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Calvink240
Car: 1991 Nissan 240SX SE

So I just finished my k-swapped s13. Wiring specialties pro series conversion harness and a little fuel cut off on a toggle switch for anti theft.

The issue: Crank and no start, no fuel pressure and the pump doesn’t prime. I bench tested the fuel pump, works great! I also bypassed both the EGI and EGI PUMP relays with a jumper wire so I know the problem isn’t the relay or faulty wiring I did with the signal wire on the relay. It seems like no power is getting to the fuse box/ relay box at all. However the horn, headlamps, and other stuff powered by the firebox work seemingly great. I’m really stumped and don’t know what to do. :gotme

Any thing obvious stick out to you or that I should look into? Thanks a bunch guys.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Sounds like you need to just go at it with a multi meter and trace it back/forward to find out where you're not getting any power. I assume keying-on works for everything else? I'm not familiar with a firebox is...

splintercell
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx HB
1991 Nissan Silvia

Pull 10amp fuse for fuel pump and check the female connectors the fuse seats into. Mine spread so it wasn't making contact with fuse and not allowing the circuit to complete. I had FSM out doing continuity checks throughout harness to find it was something so simple.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”