S110 1980 200sx brake/suspension upgrades?

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
continental_drift
Car: 1991 240sx coupe - in progress - zeal function V6, ssr formula reverse, trust SP. more to come.

sorry to say I posted this in a couple forums but I'm not sure which forumthis car actually applies to (its an anomolie?) and theres not much info.

I'm wondering what kind of suspension upgrades are available. It haslowering springs but needs new shocks pretty bad. I heard that all youcan get is stock replacements, but I was also told the 240z struts maywork up front and they would be available in a wider selection.

also, are there any other cars with which the brakes are interchangable?or any kind of aftermarket rotors? good pads? aftermarket or swappablecalipers from another nissan/datsun?

is there any means of camber adjustment on these cars? they have 4 wheeldisc brakes and I believe the front has mcpherson type assemblies.it has a solid rear axle with r180 gears.

I'd been wanting an older silvia for a while now and finally picked one up,now my S13 has a friend.

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

CD

Car: NISSAN 200sx HARDTOP 1985 (s110)

U can use sentra B12 hardened springs on it without Focking it up, cut 3 coils of them, no less, no more, unless you want to lower the car a bit more you can do it at your own risk. and monroe gas shocks ( or any gas shock availavle for your specific model) and test it . If you like hard suspension you'll be really happy with the upgradeBTW as far I know camber can't be adjusted in these cars.I dunno anything about the 240zx part swaps pr anything (they never saw day light in mexico) :PBtw I just found this japanese site with very good pics of a sr20det swap in a s110 ther'es also some brake upgrade. I don't understand a pee but well. if somebody could translate it for you you'll know what you wanted.

Modified by Ville at 5:18 PM 2/22/2006
Modified by Ville at 5:26 PM 2/22/2006

DUH I didn't paste site's Url, here you got

SR20det SWAPhttp://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~ka...1.htmBrake Upgradehttp://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~ka...2.htm

continental_drift
Car: 1991 240sx coupe - in progress - zeal function V6, ssr formula reverse, trust SP. more to come.

sweet! thanks man, I've seen that site with the SR swap, amazing huh?I translated the page with the brake upgrade but it doesn't really makeany sense. he says what I guess is the chassis type that the brakes came from but its nothing I've ever heard of. thats cool about the sentrasprings, what do you mean by hardened though? the lowering springsI have now are old and not very stiff when combined with the KYB GR2's.

Yeah it's amazing how they did to put that engine in, If I had chance to get an engine like that I would do the same , do you remember what was the chassis number or what you mentioned? I'll try to get some info about it.but I would be really happy just putting stock rear disc brakes on mine, well there are 2 type of stock springs here, normal and hardened ones. that have the same number of coils as stock ones and cost almost the same as stock ones, but if you can get the stiff b12 lowering springs would be really nice tough (I remember I paid about $50 for both pairs of (TRW) hardened springs but I had to cut thoose 3 coils as I told you also I mounted them without cutting any coil, the car looked like a monster truck, (looked cool in some way) so due the damn basketball jumping on the rear and shocks knocking I had to remove those coils if you remove just 2 1/2 coils, rear shocks will keep knocking. so removing those 3 coils you won't have any issue and you'll get stiff lowered car, just spending about the half you could spend with performance lowering springs. ¿ (BTW how expensive & difficult is get KYB shocks where you live at? I've just had chance to get (BOGE,MONROE or GABRIEL gas shocks nothing else.

continental_drift

I think I paid $166 USD for all 4 KYB GR-2's. when I get home from work I will look at the translated version of that page and see what the chassishe mentions is. thank you for the information, I think I understand what you mean about hardened springs now. I didn't know that some s110 came with drum rear, I had read they were all 4 wheel disc like mine.

any other differences between US and MEX version s110's that you know?

166 bucks, pretty expensive tough, :p yeah mine has less stuff than american ones, here's a list of what mexican sakura's never hadpower steering, power mirrors & windows, rear defogger, rear seat belts,rear disc brakes, no clock, mmhh fuel injection and exhaust catalizer.I guess the only thing american sakura's never had were stock alluminium rims, mine are the factory alluminium wheels but polished a yeah also they came with factory 215 60 R14 wheels like the ones I have on mine. factory clarion casette stereo and 4 dual cone clarion peakers. mhh I guess that's everything. BTW my rear drums are the same that 89' ichi van's ued to have and engine too, I don't know how they were called in there or if they were imported to the usa, as I've never seen them on catalogues, but they used to be like those urvan's but a bit smaller those have the same engine my car does have and let me tell you that acceleration it's much better than in my car but they have a 120KM/H top speed while mine can reach 180 KM/H with the same engine. must have due the gear box and rear differential gears also samurai's used to have the same engine but I don't know anything else about it.

continental_drift

I used a different page to translate this time, the brakes are "the MK63 caliper for 240RS", basically unobtainable....

sounds like there are a lot of differences between the mex and us s110.does yours have a/c in it? mine doesn't. no power steering either, but mineis of the earlier make. the build date is 8/79. yours is 85, right?

yeah mine is an 85, the last model out was the 86, but they're the same as mine. evrything is the same. and yep mine came with factory A/C, It bblows hot air, but works , (you don't need A/C anyway, if you want cool air, roll windows down and drive faster!

nonchalant rage
Car: s12

i see that you already got the gr-2's, but you could make your own dampers using some koni inserts. theres a writeup on nissanperformanceamag, i believe

datsunboy
Car: Datsuns

Ville wrote:I dunno anything about the 240zx part swaps pr anything (they never saw day light in mexico) :P
thats because the "240ZX" never saw the light of day anywhere in the world!there is a 240SX......a 240RS and a 240Z.......but no 240ZX.

there is a 280ZX however.

and yeah....dont get your hopes up about getting any parts at all from a 240RS.....they are pretty rare! There is only 2 konwn 240RS in New Zealand!......not sure about how many were made in total tho

sorry I just diddn't know there were no 240zX at all i tough all 240 to 280 zx were ZX jeje, I have just seen a couple on the road at here, but no chance to see what stuff they have or not actually, no I didn't mean I was looking for some 240rs calipers, oh hell no, I know they are rare, and of course getting parts for them would be a real pain in the ***, :P so I don't have any hopes about getting any stuff from one, I never said that, but well, amhh any lucky finding what calipers does fit instead stock ones?

continental_drift

datsunboy wrote:
thats because the "240ZX" never saw the light of day anywhere in the world!there is a 240SX......a 240RS and a 240Z.......but no 240ZX.

there is a 280ZX however.

and yeah....dont get your hopes up about getting any parts at all from a 240RS.....they are pretty rare! There is only 2 konwn 240RS in New Zealand!......not sure about how many were made in total tho
from the japanese s110 owners club there is a link to a page of a 240RSowner who has catalogued as many 240RS's which are still in knownexistence. I believe the production number was between 200 and 300.

I have, however, seen the box fender flares and several other parts onyahoo auctions japan so I would say that while noone will be "gettingtheir hopes up" it doesn't help matters any if you shoot yourself in thefoot by not keeping your eyes open.

I also seem to remember a thread where a gentleman in another country(of which at the moment I cannot recall) had a 200zx, which was a Z car but with a 2.0 motor... factory.
Ville wrote:sorry I just diddn't know there were no 240zX at all i tough all 240 to 280 zx were ZX jeje, I have just seen a couple on the road at here, but no chance to see what stuff they have or not actually, no I didn't mean I was looking for some 240rs calipers, oh hell no, I know they are rare, and of course getting parts for them would be a real pain in the ***, :P so I don't have any hopes about getting any stuff from one, I never said that, but well, amhh any lucky finding what calipers does fit instead stock ones?
good to see you back ed! the Z car style changed in 1979 from Z to ZX,the body style from 240z through 280z changed very little, then in 79it became the ZX but still had the same motor but the body changed a bitso it was 280zx. anyways, how have you been?

datsunboy
Car: Datsuns

I doubt that......I lived with someone here in NZ that had a 200Z ( 260Z body shape but with a L20 ).....they came out in Japan only.but the ZX only came with 2 motors....the L28E, and the L28ET.no other sizes.the ZX does have a different body shape, and it also has Full electrics ( electric windows, A/C e.t.c. that the earlier Z's didnt have ).

continental_drift

zerothread/149874

Modified by continental_drift at 7:12 PM 5/25/2006

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

VG20

Quote »good to see you back ed! the Z car style changed in 1979 from Z to ZX,the body style from 240z through 280z changed very little, then in 79it became the ZX but still had the same motor but the body changed a bitso it was 280zx. anyways, how have you been?[/quote]Hi there, I've been ok I guess, thx for asking and the info too, I've just been very busydoing music stuff and studying, nothing else, It has become a living hell, now I'm preparing my papers for my europe trip, so I haven't had enough time and nothing has been done to my 200sx, I'm still have the same electric issues I have had to deal with for years , still no time and luck to find someone enoughly capacited to put the new ez-wiring harness. for less than $200 . and lately my 200-sex has been screaming to have that work done (so I Guess I will have to do it myself sometime) and sorry for losing contact with anybody and you speccially, I'm more oftenly on msn than aol, hell I can't understand why you still use that thing , jeje, it's annoying to me you should try msn it's better (at least for me) I'll try to be on some day. see ya
Modified by Ville at 2:54 AM 5/26/2006

Is the rear window broke? or my imagination is turned on? btw that mid tail light with 200ZX letters looks very nice, have you seen any for s110's arround? I want one of those
Modified by Ville at 3:10 AM 5/26/2006

continental_drift

yes, unfortunately it looks like his rear window is broken. in the other threadit appeared as though he had it under a large tarp to keep the rain out.

I have been looking for the center type section for our cars... my conclusionis that it was a very rare option on only one specific model in japan. I haveonly seen it on 1 car, the black one that did the SR20 swap. when I used theonline translator to see what the page said about his car, it mentioned thathe felt very lucky to have saved that part off of his earlier s110. so it did notcome stock on the black turbo s110 that he swapped the SR into, it was ona previous model... either that or it was custom fab'd? anyways, I used touse MSN messenger but lol, I feel the same way about that which you doabout AIM

hope all is well with your music and schooling!

continental_drift

here is the same car but with the original taillights, I'd really like to get a setof the original mudflaps which say silvia also.

notice the difference in the outer lights also, as well as the fact that he hadto mount his license plate on the bumper. you can tell its a matched set asopposed to just a center add on section.

oh yes, and also, check this out!! original television commercial for the RS2000model, fj20e equipped s110, also features another very famous s110!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...atsun

ahh I don't have those pics hehe, oh I didn't notice those mudflaps they look nice, would love to have those too , btw the tv add looks funny, dunno why, but it made me laugh, I guess it looked a bit stupid but funny in some way , I got some 240rs videos laying arround my pc, to be frank I don't remember if I've already showed them to you, but I will upload them to my photobucket anyway's, and I'll post the links later, I'm going to try make a custom mid tail section for mine with a broke tail light I got arround here, now that we're talking about them, I remember once I saw one with a kind of custom mid tail section, looked fine to me, and license plate was still in the same place, =) " I hope my tailight is large enough to cover license plate area" and about that competition s110 looks pretty crazy, I've some pictures of it somewhere too looked bit outdated but who care's jaja

Here you Got the rally 240RS videos I promissed BTW there are some of mine took from inside of my s110Videos #29 & 30 are of myself riding on my s110.to show all you a bit of my city and my car. lolhope you like them. ñ_ñ http://smg.photobucket.com/alb...ideos/

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”