S.O.S Transmission Fluid for 2002 Nissan Quest SE

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
bakugan
Car: Nissan Quest 2002 SE

Hello , would you know what substitute and description / weigh for 02 Nissan Quest ???
Q. i notice my van's hood is cold even and the radiator tank is not getting hot enough with outside weather of mid-60's after an hour driving , inside temp. gauge is working , heather work , coolant level and hoses are good , would there be any sensor malfunction under the hood ? which would that be , have it OBD scanned and show Knock sensor , are this Misfunction related ??

thanks...... :confused:

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

When it comes to newer transmission I recommend only what the mfgr says, and to extend on that if it were me I would only use Nissan's fluid for an AT.

Now the other thing. Heat works, gauges are good, no leaks, no fluid-loss. Is the radiator hot to to touch? Is the upper and lower hoses both warm after its warmed up? If so then don't worry about why the hood is cool.

bakugan

thank you for your timely response , i was suspecting about the engine and transmission intercooler maybe faulty , i will making a trip to the dealer tomorrow ...

thank you . :mike

bakugan

hello , i was tracking a coolant greenish liquid leaking in between the air con compressor bracket and engine block just 1 oclock next to the water jacket cap ( above oil filter pump looking upward under the engine ). the liquid is bleading on both head bolts 14MM that is holding the a/c compressor bracket :werd:
No leaks on water pump , thermostat , hoses.... vehicle mileage is 73,000
anybody have encounter this similar situation kindly share how it was repair or parts involve ....

thanks.. :tisk:

bakugan

bakugan wrote:hello , i was tracking a coolant greenish liquid leaking in between the air con compressor bracket and engine block just 1 oclock next to the water jacket cap ( above oil filter pump looking upward under the engine ). the liquid is bleading on both head bolts 14MM that is holding the a/c compressor bracket :werd:
No leaks on water pump , thermostat , hoses.... vehicle mileage is 73,000
anybody who have encounter this similar situation kindly share how it was repaired and parts involve ....

thanks.. :tisk:

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

back to your original question:

my owner's manual page 8-13 says,
DO NOT OVERFILL.
Use ONLY Nissan Matic D or Canada NISSAN Automatic Transmission Fluid.
but,
Dexron III / Mercon or equivalent may also be used.
additional note:
Outside continental USA and Alaska, contact a dealership for more information regarding suitable fluids, including recommended brands of Dexron III/ Mercon.

you in da USA?

back to that greenish fluid leak... is that coming from the AC system or your coolant system?

you can test the cooling system with a pressurized tester kit ( Autozone still has the tool-loan program for you to do this ~ a free service) that will eliminate any concerns with your cooling system

Return to “Quest Forum”