S.C.Blondie and the Maybach Excelero

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

A Maybach concept coupe built in 2005, sold for $8 million, weighs nearly 3 TONS, is just over 19 ft long, wheel base of 11 ft, 5.9L bi turbo V12 engine that makes 700 bhp, and top speed of 218 mph ! I'm not a fan of the looks, but when the engine starts,..... that idle sound !! The true owner is supposedly a mystery, but is has been reportedly owned by either Jay-Z or Birdman.
SuperCar Blondie gets to drive the most amazing cars

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

interesting car, but I think SC Blondie's lines are far nicer (j/k). 700 hp was impressive in 2005, though in 2019, a hellcat has that for less than the cost those custom tires/wheels. But those Maybach tires, capable of ludicris speed, + that much weight + be streetable is impressive today. That's not to discount the heavy Maybach's ability to achieve that kinda speed. And if one can actually find a place to do that kinda speed, it'd be awesome. That said, being a one-off concept car, it isn't good for much more than an occasional short burst on an airport runway/long test track or being transported to future concours d'elegances where it'll win trophies. Call me crazy, but if I wanted a fast late model German ultra luxury coupe spending that kinda money, I'd go for a more plebeian Mercedes SLR McLaren long before that Maybach and use the money left over to buy a chalet in the Alps.

Return to “General Chat”