Rust Spot on Driver Door

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
fobrien4
Car: FX 35

I have a rust spot the size of a silver dollar on the drivers side door. I was wondering if this would be covered uner the warrantee as the corrosion coverage.

CORROSION COVERAGE (PERFORATION FROMCORROSION)Any body sheet metal panel supplied by Nissanfound to have developed perforation (rust-through)due to corrosion in normal use is covered for 84months, regardless ofmileage, except for those itemslisted under “WHAT IS NOT COVERED.” No additionalrust proofing applications are required. Perforation isa condition in which any body sheet metal panel hascorroded from one surface to another.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Worse case scenario just purchase a new door and have it properly repainted.

FRITZ35
Car: 2010 FX-35 Umbria

Best choice - take it back to the dealer and if i is covered by warranty, borrow a lender car and have it fixed. If not under warranty, door can be repaired and repainted by any reputable body shop. If you don't have it fixed, it will cost you anyhow at trade-in time.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”