Rust Inside My QX56

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
jwmcdow
Car: 2004 Infiniti QX56

I recently bought a 2004 qx56. After getting it home, I noticed several issues that were not seen are able to identify on 5 minute test drive. The cruise control does not work. The 12 power sockets in the front do not work (replaced all fuses). When I got it out on open road, I tried to punch the gas. It coughed and sputtered at 3000 rpm. The second day I had it, it broke down as I was leaving my work place. It would start and then die. After getting it going again, we were driving it and just lost all power. Both times it gave a U1000 code on the obd-ii.

After fighting with these issues and others, I noticed some rust on the metal frame near the fuse box. This caused me to start looking around. I found heavy rust and corrosion on the drive's front brake caliper, heavy rust on the frame inside the driver's seat back along with others. Any ideas?

rda2w
Car: 2016 QX80 AWD Hermosa Blue / Wheat

Sounds like it could been in a flood which would also cause various electrical issues that get worse with time.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”