Running without a spare? [portable air compressor]

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
II Kings 9:20
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

TheRogue wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:25 pm
@II Kings 9:20
II Kings 9:20 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:32 am
@TheRogue I use all weather tires, specifically 3PMSF rated tires, not “all seasons” tires. I currently have Michelin Cross Climate, Toyo Celsius, and Goodyear Weather ready on 3 of my vehicles. Several other brands are available. I live in the snow belt and these are the only tires I buy now.
+1
Thank you for taking the time to give your experience with the All Weather tires.

I finally put the order in for some General Altimax 365AW All Weather tires for my mini van.

(I need tires as my All Season tires on my van are done.)

For me, I've been humming and hawing on this for a couple of years now.

But I'm going to try it.

I figure . . . I live outside a major city, just off the highway. So 99% of my driving is on roads that even when it snows, they have been cleared and salted. And the AW tires seem to only fall behind true winter tires specifically on driving on ice or deep(ish) snow. On salted wet roads they seem to hold up some.

And I will still have a couple of years left on my winter tires, so I can fall back on those if I want.

And I've already checked with my insurance company that the All Weather tires still count towards getting a winter tire discount. Our contact @ the insurance company said that they do because they have the 3-peak-mountain-symbol on it.

And . . . I am going to have to decide what to do with my Rogue this winter as my winter tires on my Rogue are now done. LOL.

--------

RE: Getting back to the OP . . .

Getting back to the OP . . . I was thinking the other day, the other benefit of keeping a pump (manual or powered) in your car is that it can help out when you get multiple flats.

That happened to me a couple of years back.

I must have run over a nail because both tires on the passenger side went flat. But I only got 1 spare! LOL. So I put the spare on the front and pumped up the back with my manual pump so I could limp over to the tire place to have the tires patched.

:)
I just got back from Tahoe last week and when it snows, they close the main road to all cars unless you have chains or all wheel drive AND winter tires. My brother, who lives there, said that California actually sets up roadblocks and checks your tires for the 3Peak Mountain snowflakes symbol which would include the winter tires we’ve already mentioned. He was driving his Tesla and was stopped and they said “those are performance tires” and he told them, no they look like performance tires but they are winter tires and the patrolman had to scrape snow off of the tire and once he saw the three peak symbol, he sent him on his way. Nevada does not usually set up inspection roadblocks, but if you get stuck without all-wheel-drive and winter tires, they have a $1000 fine. He also told me that the rental companies out there tell you absolutely nothing about this. I was going to rent a car for $580 and they were silent on the tires. I wound up doing Lyft XL with a Navigator L for $140 from Reno to Tahoe because he didn’t have enough space to fit all of us. The navigator had winter tires.

Return to “Rogue Forum”