Running VERY RICH-Fmax kit with JWT

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
MainEvent212

well that cant be a bad thing...but yeah, i thinka FP regulator should do the trick...if not htat then check out a fuel controller

TomsMR2
Car: cars.. etc

i think a lowering fuel pressure would be a BAD idea. goto the dyno and see exactly where you're running rich, and go from there. lowering fuel pressure would lean it out across the entire powerband.. which may or may not be necessary, or safe.

ucfz31s13
Car: Business/Networking/Web

You're using the JWT w/ the FMAX kit right? If so, I've heard that's a common prob w/ the JWT computers, running rich. I agree w/ TomsMR2 and throw her on a dyno to exactly where your running rich and just exactly how much. Then either get JWT to re-burn your ECU (if you are using them of course), or get a fuel controller, i.e. S-AFC or E-Manage, etc...an FP regulator might fit in there somewhere too, but gotta know how rich you're running.

good luck

lataz

z

:: orion ::
Car: '96 240SX, with KA-T @ 12psi...

Is your BOV recirculated or not?

If not, under heavy vacuum (like when decelerating in gear) the valve get sucked open and you get exactly what you describe.

I had mine like this until I could fabricate a ri-circ tube, and it was annoying as hell...

Later

erich

I run the JWT ECU on my turbo KA. I had a couple of dyno runs a few weeks back. It does NOT run too rich, 12.3-12.4 from onset of boots to redline.

:: orion ::
Car: '96 240SX, with KA-T @ 12psi...

98KA24DET wrote:That would explain why i only get 250-275 miles per tank.NA i was getting 290-310 mpt...

That's not very rich IMO - If you boosted and only lost a couple miles per gallon, that's NOT too rich. Assume 13 gallons per fill-up, so that's 23mpg NA and 20mpg boosted - Not bad.

Sidenote: If I could pick my A/F, it'd be 12.5:1 under boost (for what I built my car for...), a little more lean as boost built.

Later - Brian

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”