Is anyone running nitrous with twin turbo system on VQ35DE?

Discuss topics related to the VQ series engine.
bluepitbull04
Car: 2006 INFINTI G35 COUPE 6MT

I have a twin turbo set up right now and I was wondering if anyone have or is currently running a small shot of nitrous in the lower rpm range to counter act the turbo lag and if so how is it working out for you and the pro and cons of doing any info is appreciated

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Nitrous on a turbo is tricky, it really spools a turbo in a hurry and if your wastegate can't keep up things go boom. What about simply tuning the lag out? This is a high compression n/a motor, if you have lag either your turbo is too large for the application or your tuning sucks, or both. What are you using for tuning? Advancing the timing in the negative atmosphere portion of the tune will have it spooling up much more quickly.

fat3oy
Car: 07 M35X, 06 350z, 06 RSX, 99 Dajiban

evildky wrote:Nitrous on a turbo is tricky, it really spools a turbo in a hurry and if your wastegate can't keep up things go boom. What about simply tuning the lag out? This is a high compression n/a motor, if you have lag either your turbo is too large for the application or your tuning sucks, or both. What are you using for tuning? Advancing the timing in the negative atmosphere portion of the tune will have it spooling up much more quickly.
I plus 1 everything you just said... with a twin turbo setup you need to tune better... NOS sounds scary on this setup... Have seen similar issues on the greddy twin when the timing was retarded, maybe address this with your tuner.

Return to “VQ30DE / VQ35DE / VQ35HR Forum”