Rubbing Noise in the Rear during Rain...

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
darldarl

Hello Folks...
I live in LA, and it's been raining a lot these days, and my 2010 Convertible is making a very wierd sound...

Whenever it rains and the car vibrates (from to the road), it constantly makes rubbing sound in the rear...

It sounds like a bunch of pigeons (yes...the bird) in the back....and I am not joking...
I guess there is some kind of leak in the rear and some rubber part gets wet.
The sound is definitely NOT coming from the window...
I ve tried by opening all of them and the sound were still there
Unfortunately, I have not had time to take the car to the dealer because of work.
Also, I have to manage to schedule the maintenance on a rainy day, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to replicate that sound.
Its been driven only 2000miles and I am worried that I may have to put up with this from now on...

So...Does anyone in the forum experience similar problem and know solution?

Please let me know...

Thank you very much

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Def doesnt sound normal. I have a 2010 and have driven through lots of rain here in chicago. No noise like that.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Sorry dude - nothing like that on my Vert. From what you described, it kind of sounds like you have some rubber making some noise rubbing against something. I would suggest that you make sure that noting is rolling around in the trunk (like perhaps the spare is lose or that the trunk is securely closed or that the tonneau for the top is properly seated...) you get it, I'm sure.

Good luck.
-B

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

darldarl wrote:Hello Folks...
I live in LA, and it's been raining a lot these days, and my 2010 Convertible is making a very wierd sound...
Whenever it rains and the car vibrates (from to the road), it constantly makes rubbing sound in the rear...
It sounds like a bunch of pigeons (yes...the bird) in the back....and I am not joking...
I guess there is some kind of leak in the rear and some rubber part gets wet.
The sound is definitely NOT coming from the window...
I ve tried by opening all of them and the sound were still there
Unfortunately, I have not had time to take the car to the dealer because of work.
Also, I have to manage to schedule the maintenance on a rainy day, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to replicate that sound.
Its been driven only 2000miles and I am worried that I may have to put up with this from now on...
So...Does anyone in the forum experience similar problem and know solution?
Please let me know...
Thank you very much

Nothing like this in my 2009 vert- :confused: :werd:

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

squeak-from-top-segments-t520445.html

I made a thread about this I think. :)

If anyone in the DC area has this and wants to try to fix it let me know, I want to add some pictures to the thread.

BadDogi
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I also have the very same problem. 2010 G37 Convertible. During rain a rubbing sound from the back, like the tires rubbing or something. Maybe too much air in the tires? Anybody has any ideas?

Steve I appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks,

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

BadDogi wrote:I also have the very same problem. 2010 G37 Convertible. During rain a rubbing sound from the back, like the tires rubbing or something. Maybe too much air in the tires? Anybody has any ideas?

Steve I appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks,
The tire pressure s/b 39 psi (19" tires)-
You need to have dealer check it out.. some times they forget to take plastic film off in the wheel area (some one had this issue)- you can search the forum.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”