RSR Down SUS installed - car steering pulls now

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
q50_singh
Car: Infiniti Q50 Sport

Hey guys just need some help and advice.

I had my 2015 Q50s lowered on RSR Down Sus Springs 3 weeks ago, then had the 4 wheel alignment done few days ago.
I don't have the spec sheet but the alignment guys told me rears where corrected almost to factory, but front wheels had negative 2 camber.

My experience since has been car pulls slightly to left and right, and its like the road surface tracks try and steer the car!I am correcting the steering every few seconds to keep straight.

When I call the aligment place back they told me a camber kit would correct the negative camber. Has anyone else experienced this with similar set up? I am worried if i purchase the kit the pull may still not completely be cured.
Could it be alignment wasnt done properly or can camber have this type of effect or steering? Many Thanks!

macgiver

mac here , if you've heard about "scrub radius " - check it out , where the axis that your struts turn and intersect a point on the ground . Problems arise when "conditions " change the factory's intended setup.Like a different rim ,maybe offset more ,way bigger diameter rims(means less flexible rubber ="squirms differently") , etc.,etc.then you have your case of Camber - and the situation will be magnified by more "square " profile of tire you have .Negative camber (which virtually all 'modern' cars have ) & an increase thereof will cause the INSIDE of tires to dominate gripping pavement , and more importantly if it's amongst any other factors which are additive you can have that kind of , we call squirrelly front end steering/handling .A handling EXPERT is needed before you go back and assume only "returning" the camber back (expensive parts ?) is all or the only "way to go" .They'll know way more than what I've covered and I'm not trying here to pretend to tell you ; not limited to only those factors - you know !! :sad: :wavey: Glen 11/3/2017

q50_singh
Car: Infiniti Q50 Sport

Hey Mac, very much appreciate the advice. Can't say I have heard of 'scrub radius' before, but definitely an interesting aspect of why the car didn't align properly.

I have got some info off at least 6/7 other Q50 owners who have the exact same set up as me, and none of them required a camber kit, and their cars ride straight without the issues I have. Seems the alignment place haven't done the job properly.

I am in two minds as to weather to go back and ask them to do it again (without charging me) or go elsewhere ie the Dealership themselves to align the car.

I'll update whats comes of this incase any one else is reading with interest.

Thanks!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I have a set of RSR Downs in my garage (was going on my Q50) and if I remember correctly the Sus Downs are the more aggressive drop, correct? IMO, you will need upper adjustable camber arms at a minimum to get the vehicle in spec when you have a 1.5-2" or more drop.

Now, what you may be experiencing is not a camber issue but a toe issue. You can have a car with aggressive camber that is aligned true and it won't tramline like you are experiencing. But if toe is out the car will pull all over the place.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”