Rpms drop car shuts off on start

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
jmar28
Car: 2003 Nissan altima 2.5s

Can anyone help diagnose the problem? I have recorded a video of what pretty much happens every morning...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX06npcV ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

any help would be appreciated from people who have had this similiar problem. I have already changed all the spark plugs, tested the coils, coils are good. Changed the CAM sensor...ran seafoam in the car...still problem persists and its not spitting out any codes..battery is new, alternator is good, got it tested.....stumped... :confused: :wtf2:

xzacto
Car: 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
SRS header
Injen CAI

if you take the car out and heat it up does it do this at a stop? Do you have any aftermarket parts like a header or intake? I have heard that the cam and crank sensors can cause issues (even new ones) if they aren't OEM. They fixed the old problem on the new OEM parts (apparently) because of the Ohm difference.

I am having a similar issue with my car, it is stalling on me at stops with no check engine.

when your car is running is it dumping black smoke? How old are your catalytic converters? A plugged Cat can mess with compression and cause fuel flow issues.

jmar28
Car: 2003 Nissan altima 2.5s

No it doesnt stall on me when driving ONLY on start up. Ive had that issue before when i first got the car....does it stall at low speeds ? It was either the cam or crank sensor that got replaced, and good as new. This is something else. Only does it at start up when left alone overnight....but the rest of the day it starts up fine...

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”