**Rotted Lower Radiator Support**

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
00MaxXxedOut
Car: 2kSE 5Spd

I went for my inspection last week, passed. But the mechanic said my lower radiator support was rotted. I checked and it was . so its a cheap part $160-180 but $1,500 labor since the subframe is bolted to it and that has 2 motor mounts on it, plus it has to be spot welded to the rest of the radiator supports. theres ways to stop the rust process from getting any worse, so i've heard and im sure are a quick temp. fix but is there any one else out there with this problem or maybe you should check...

Nrw
Car: 1998 Nissan Maxima SE

Holy s*** $1500 for just labor to replace a lower radiator support. Damn your getting bent over..

But only way to properly fix it so it will last is to take the old one out and put a new one in.

Wharf Rat
Car: 1997 Infiniti I30

Very common problem on these.

Mine is on its way out too. Considering the car has 97K on it, and I put about 40K per year on, I was just going to keep putting some healthy doses of duplicolor rust fix every now and then to slow it down. The hole on mine isn't that big and I'll only have the car another year or year and a half. It's taken 12 years to get that far, it's not going to completely disintegrate in only one or two more years.

If I need to junk it at the end or just part it out, I could do that I guess. No way I am paying over $1K to fix an issue like that on a $3K car.

I may also POR 15 it if I get real ambitious. That at least would stop it dead in its tracks.

00MaxXxedOut

-that's a quote from nissan ($1,500)but since i have a drivetrain overhaul waiting... i'll throw it on then,save a few bucks since almost everything is coming out.

-maybe POR 15 on the new one to prevent future deterioration???

Nrw
Car: 1998 Nissan Maxima SE

Ahh you went to Nissan that's why your getting raped for a price. I body shop should be able to do it for 600-700. Definatley paint the s*** out of it, whether it be Rustoleum or POR-15.

00MaxXxedOut

their not going to be doing any of my work: stage1 clutch chromoly flywheel new axles warpspeed Y-pipe,new bushings, & fstb all in the boxes still awaiting, along with the 03 front bumper and skirts just need the stillen classic lip, and im done w/ phase 1

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”