Room at the Top

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Here's an interesting one. '14 Altima, customer complaint was a jammed sunroof. Sure enough, the lefthand track was jammed solid. I don't know with what, but I'll find out after the insurance adjuster looks at it and we can resume work.

You're looking at the top of the dropped headliner, view from the door toward the center of the windshield. That, my friends, is a mouse nest. They probably came up through the C-pillars, the A- and B- are too narrow and steep even for mice. Once there, they occupied the penthouse in the Rodent Ritz. If the roof isn't jammed with mouse doo-doo or chewed fibers, it'll be some unfortunate object they dragged in.

Fortunately they left the sunroof drains alone. I only ever saw that once, a Rogue that came in for a water complaint and turned out to have bigger problems than a flood. It had a nest in about the same spot, and the rascally rodents chewed through the righthand front drain hose. We of course shortened "flooded rat car" to "fratcar" and began joking about whether the residents belonged to Rho Alpha Tau. ;)

20210323_105519.jpg
20210323_105730.jpg

Return to “Interiors”