Roof Rails: Pathfinder onto JX35?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
stoney98
Car: 2012 JX35

My JX35 doesn't have the factory roof rails installed, so I have been looking at options for roof racks. From what I have been able to gather, the OEM Infiniti rails will only accept OEM crossbars. I was hoping to install Yakima or Thule aero bars so that I can mount ski and bike racks lower to the roof so I might be able to get into and out of my garage with the racks mounted. I am in snow country, so not having to park in the driveway is a must (also because it's the Wife's car).

Looking at the OEM rails, they have painted ends, effectivley forcing you to find take-off's in your color or pay the dealer/online price for new ones. The Pathfinder rails accept most non-OEM manufacturer crossbars, so I would be able to mount aero bars and accessories accordingly.

Does anybody know or have confirmed that the rails fit across models? Or, has anybody mounted the Pathfinder rails onto a JX35/QX60? My attempts to search the website and google have failed to provide any results.

Thanks.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”