Roof Rack

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
darrenk
Car: 2002 Nissan Frontier crewcab

I have a 2002 Frontier Crew Cab SE. I am looking for an OEM roof rack. anyone know where I can get one?

Big-Bird
Car: 2000 Xterra on 'Roids & 2004 Quest SL

Did your truck ever have an OEM Roof Rack? If not then you may have some issue with the required mounting points the factory built into the roofs of the ones that did come with a rack.

But if that doesn't deter you, then you can hit up some the local wreckers in your area or you can buy new. The other option is to consider getting something from the aftermarket.

Calmini makes a roof rack for the Frontier and it's actually quite nice. It ships in one small box and you just assemble it yourself. The only thing is it attaches to those factory roof rack holes...that is if you even have them.

darrenk
Car: 2002 Nissan Frontier crewcab

thanks for the info. I also found out that the factory installed ones also have a different roof with extra support beams. I can get all the parts (including a new roof) from the dealer. However it would cost more than I paid for the truck. guess I will go with a good after market model.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”