Roll Bar in a convertible

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
AllTurBo

Does anyone know if the roll bars that are designed for s13's will bolt into a convertible? I was thinking about maybe puting a roll bar in farther down the line and want to know If I have to do a custom job or if something off the shelf ( ie Autopower) will bolt in.

Also, will the regular s13 doors bolt up to a convertible. If I put a roll bar in I won't really need the seat belts in the doors anymore, and the vert doors weight a ton. Can I relpace them with the lighter s13 doors, or do the vert doors add structural support to the car?

Cliff

Rex
Car: None

Call and ask them - Autopower (619) 297-3300, if nothing else they could give you the total height measurements and you could check.

As for the doors, I'd be hesitant to do that without talking to someone who knows the technical ends and outs of the structural integrity of 240. How much weight would it be and can you really "omit" the shoulder harnesses? NJ "safety" laws are tough.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

DropTopSilvia ordered one of their rollbars and said the back two feet interfere with the top when it's up. The bars that go backwards go back just a little too far and connect with the rear window.

The doors of a coupe will bolt on just fine. The only reason why the convertible doors weigh so much is that they were reinforced to keep a human body from ripping them off in a frontal impact.

All the structural support for the verts is in the floor pan and rocker panel area. If the doors were there for structural support, the car would fold up if you opened a door while you had one end jacked up.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

I am currently talking to a friend who's dad is a Craftsmen Truck Series pit crew chief about seeing if he can make me a roll bar. I have the bar, just not the money to pay him. And since the racing season is still full on right now, he wouldn't have much time to do it anyways. He did make teh comment about whether or not I wanted Jack Roush to make it for me. I don't have THAT much money :)

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”