Rogue Wont start

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ilbwpps
Car: nissan rogue

I have the SL with keyless ignition---any suggestions as to why it wont start? I already tried spare key and learned about docking/charging the key. has anyone else had this failure to start problem? Its being towed to the dealer so I will let you know the outcome!

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Could you be more descript in the symptoms you are getting? Is the starter turning over? Do you have electrical systems? Etc? Are you getting any warning lights/notifications?

PS - the little slot for the iKey does not charge the key - I hope someone didn't tell you that.

ilbwpps
Car: nissan rogue

nothing to describe---its silent/dead! Lights work etc but engine does not start. everything else is the same! I was told I needed to charge the key but have not looked into where/how yet! I used my spare key to try and get the car started on my husbands suggestion. we are still waiting for tow truck and trying to read the maual for answers!

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Does the information thing in the instrument cluster say that the key is dead / is there a "dummy" light on with the picture of a key? If both key's won't start it, either they're both dead, or something else is wrong. If you push the unlock button on either key, do the doors lock/unlock?

There is no way to charge the key - you can only replace the battery. If the above worked, that means your key is fine and doesn't need a new battery.

Does the starter make a noise at all when you press the button to start the car? You could have a bunch of things - low car battery, dead starter, wiring problem to the start/stop button, etc. It's difficult to try and determine the cause of the problem without detailed information. You mentioned that the electrical work is ok, but knowing if the engine tries to turn will help me a bit.

Roguemeister

OK, so tell us what the problem was (I assume you had it towed to the dealer).

Return to “Rogue Forum”