Rogue won't start

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rogue_mn
Car: Nissan Rogue

It was -14 F in Minneapolis this morning and my Rogue won't start (going to try it again this afternoon). It's parked outside all the time, but has started every time since I got in Oct. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem yet? I'm wondering if a stronger battery would help.

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

I wonder if you had some water in the gas and it froze, so you aren't getting fuel.

rrs26ja
Car: 2008 Rouge, 1998 Maxima

Does it crank over? If so then maybe you did get some water in the gas. If it doesn't even crank over then maybe you got a bad battery. I would go back to the dealer. A brand new car should start even in the coldest weather.

tikus
Car: Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

In that kind of weather I would plug in my block heater at least warm up the engine block.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Being in the tropics south of you here in Iowa, we never get that cold. It was only -12 the other night. I always put a can of Heet in the gas tank every other fill-up starting in November thru March. Couldn't hurt and my cars have always started. Try it. Hope it works for you.

cashedup666

did you ever find out what the problem was i just posted this

My Rogue Died 3:22 PM 3/29/2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last monday 3/24 about 6pm i went to start my rogue and it wouldnt start. I knew it wasnt the battery cause all the lights and the radio was fine but we tried to boost it any way. I had it towed the next morning because the service was closed. When brought in I told the service advisor what the problem was and was told they would call me when the problem was found. I called at 12pm and was told "they have no idea what the problem is and they were on the phone with tech support" I then called back at 2 and was told that they found the problem and it is the "ipdem box...it is like a large fuse box. the power is goin to it but no power coming out of it" I was also told the part was goin to be overnighted. The next day part didnt come in, day after that part didnt come in, and the day after that the part didnt come in. Then yesterday I was told the part dont exist yet. Then they revised what they said they said "it does exist it is just getting it". They then called me back to inform me that they are upgrading my rental to an suv and that they found the part id number and hopefully they get it soon. only 4,300 miles on the rogue

any one else have a poblem like this or know anyone with this problem

Return to “Rogue Forum”