Rogue without Nissan Connect Services

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Lparsons21
Car: 2019 Rogue SV Hybrid

When I bought my 2019 Rogue SV Hybrid I noticed the Nissan Connect showing on the screen on startup. Silly me, I assumed that meant something similar to OnStar from GM. For some odd reason Nissan doesn’t include access to their Connect services by default, something GM does on all their vehicles. Took a look at adding that aftermarket but found that not possible. So I started looking for something to fill in the holes that CarPlay/Android Auto didn’t fill.

There are a slew of ODB devices and services out there and I finally settled on Verizon’s Hum+ device and services. Crash response, stolen car assistance among other services for $30 upfront to buy, activation fee and $10/month for service with a 2-year commitment seemed fair. There’s even turn-by-turn navigation in the deal. Not quite as integrated to the vehicle as Nissan Connect Services or OnStar, but close enough for me. For those interested here’s a link so you can compare the 3 levels of Hum available:
https://www.hum.com/products/

For those without Nissan Connect Services this might fit the bill for you too.

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

What do you mean not included by default? You should have gotten 6 months of the Premium Plus service by default and 3 years of the select service by default. The really only decent options come on the mid-range package which is also complementary for 6 months.

https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/featu ... nt-options

Lparsons21

Only if your Rogue comes with the right hardware. Mine came with the unit that has the CD player and it does not have actual Nissan Connect capability

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

Lparsons21 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:36 am
Only if your Rogue comes with the right hardware. Mine came with the unit that has the CD player and it does not have actual Nissan Connect capability
Odd, I looked up the 2019 SV Hybrid and it says: Primary LCD size: 7.0" Smart device integration: NissanConnect featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto which is exactly what the SL model comes with.

I show the only differences between the SV and the SL below and none should be related to NissanConnect

SV features plus:

Bose® Premium Audio System
Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
Leather-appointed seats
Nissan Door to Door Navigation w/ Premium Traffic
Nissan voice recognition
ProPILOT Assist
SiriusXM® Traffic & Travel link

Lparsons21

Base SV doesn’t come with the same unit as the base SL. Confirmed at the dealer and at Nissan’s website. IOW, there is no real Nissan Connect Services on the SV base model unless you get one with the optional unit at a higher price.

Lparsons21

Notice at Nissan USA site the SV does not come with Nissan Connect Services powered by SiriusXM in the ‘additional features’ tab in vehicle descriptions, in the ‘additional features’ for the SL it specifies that the SL does. Without that and a subscription, either paid or free period, you don’t get the Connect features of crash response, stolen vehicle assistance or other things.

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

It definitely doesn’t come with the base SV but then again, to me it’s just a waste of more money. We keep a AAA membership for roadside assistance and the last thing I’m worried about is tracking my car if stolen. I’m sure there are people out there that feel more comfortable with this built into their car. I’m just not one of them.

Lparsons21

At 75 years old I’m more concerned with crash response and health emergency services, so to me that service alone has value.

Return to “Rogue Forum”