Rogue with 3rd row spare

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Avenali
Car: 2017 rogue fwd with 3rd row

I want to do away with the run flat tires. Can I put a spare in the tire well under the 3rd row seat? Nissan manual says spare for the rogue with out 3rd row is T155/90D17, will this fit under the 3rd row?

KoiMaxx
Car: 2017 Rogue SL AWD

The donut is around 28 inches in diameter and around 5 inches deep, so if there's enough space for it I guess you can make the switch.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Just don’t worry about a spare.

In the nearly 10 yrs I never used it for a flat.

I did need to change a tire because of a nail and on a sidewall.

And also patch a tire.

Mostly you will know if tire is low with tpms.

Most nails would slowly bleed your tires and you should be able to fix b4 ever needing a spare.

Unless you have enemies who might slash your tires (vandalizm) or think your tires may blow out on the highway, I wouldn’t worry about a spare.

I even thought about removing my spare to save weight but never did because I have a lot of exterior accessories anyways and gas is pretty cheap.

I did use the spare a few yrs ago to rotate my tires trick.

Other than that, it’s been pretty useless 100% of the time this past decade.

Personally, I forget about it.

KoiMaxx

casperfun wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:30 am
Just don’t worry about a spare.

In the nearly 10 yrs I never used it for a flat.
I haven't been as fortunate though - in the first few months of getting my Rogue it suffered a flat from a screw right on the edge of the tread and sidewall. I guess I picked it up on the way home and leaked overnight. I was a bit in a rush the next day so I had to use the donut just to get the car to the dealership.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Found a nail on our Lexus once the next day and the tire had like 10 pounds and set the light off.

Curious if KoiMaxx had a screw which made it not hold air temporarily.

Anyways, I used the portable air compressor my gf gave me as a gift to re-inflate my tires enough to get to the tire store.

Since you in a rush, way easier than having to go through process of changing donut.

I did change a tire and needed a donut once in my whole life.

Spares are good to have too.

Avenali
Car: 2017 rogue fwd with 3rd row

I keep picking up nails, more in 2 years with this car, than the previous 23 years combined. I appreciate all the comments and help. Definitely need 2 get rid of rft's. I'll give the T155/90D17 a try and let ya know for sure If it fits

KoiMaxx

casperfun wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:37 am
Curious if KoiMaxx had a screw which made it not hold air temporarily.
Might be the case, since a screw would most likely punch a hole larger than the thickness of the stem.
Avenali wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:24 pm
I keep picking up nails, more in 2 years with this car, than the previous 23 years combined. I appreciate all the comments and help. Definitely need 2 get rid of rft's. I'll give the T155/90D17 a try and let ya know for sure If it fits
There has been several construction developments near my work and home, so it's been a bit of challenge to avoid running over nails and screws and cut wire trimmings.

JiminyKicket
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Avenali, what tires are you going to go with? I'm also ready to drop my RFTs on my 2015...tread looking pretty low after 32K mi and I can't stand the road noise. That said, I'm also interested in tires that look and act more aggressive in snow but that I can still use year round.

FYI my strategy will be to carry some slime and a portable pump, and make sure I have a quality roadside plan. Maybe if I ever drive cross country then I'll carry a donut.

KoiMaxx

No. Do NOT use slime, unless you love throwing money away when your TPMS goes bad should you ever use it. A portable pump or one of those CO2 canisters, yes, but not slime.

Just my 2c though :P

Return to “Rogue Forum”