rogue vibration at slow speeds and highway

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jkraunz
Car: rogue

I bought a rouge that now has 1300 miles.. I feel the same vibration that people have been talking about at 1000-1500rpm's and I hate it!.. I also feel it above 70mph- does anyone else feel it at 70mph? I took it to the dealer and they said "it would work itself out"- I think it's a line.. Anyone have different advice from a dealer and anyone feeling it on highway..

p.s. I'm only getting 16mpg city with 93octane..anyone else experienceing this?

paulvanharte
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Carbon Silver

Dont have one yet, but why are you using 93 octane. Engine is designed to run on regular. There is no benefit to running 93, unless you have money to burn

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Your's is the first report of any vibration at highway speed. I would suspect a tire balance or bad tire issue at highway speed. The lower speed vibration has been discussed at length and unless yours is much worse that most have reported it is a normal condtion and the nature of the fuel efficent CVT/Rogue.

How are you calculating your milage, don't count on the computer for an accurate mpg. What are your speeds and driving condtions do you let the Rogue warm up a while in the morning, these all effect milage significantly. 93 octane why? ?16 mpg is way below what most have reported. I have been around 24-25 mpg with a low of 22 and a high of 28mpg.

jkraunz
Car: rogue

The dealership told me I'd get better mileage at 93 octane.. been driving really conservative, letting car warm up, and still getting bad gas mileage.

Not using the computer to figure out gas mileage.. Still around 16 in the city.. last tank was 18mpg, but I dive some on the highway.

any advice.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

jkraunz wrote:The dealership told me I'd get better mileage at 93 octane.. been driving really conservative, letting car warm up, and still getting bad gas mileage.

Not using the computer to figure out gas mileage.. Still around 16 in the city.. last tank was 18mpg, but I dive some on the highway.

any advice.
1. 93 octane is not recomended by the Nissan engineers, don't listen to dealer BS, use what is recomended by Nissan in the manual, regular is fine for the Rogue.

2. Warming up the engine with any kind of extended idle period will lower your mpg. If it is below 20 I'll let mine warm up for 5 minutes sometimes, otherwise it's maybe 30 seconds.

3. You could reset the computer by disconnecting the negative battery cable for a while. This should clear the memory of previous driving habits and the use of 93 octane...kind of a shot in the dark but you have nothing to lose.

4. Are you sure the dealer didn't slip you a Murano... premium fuel, and 16-19 mpg describes a Murano fairly well. After all they do look a lot alike.
Modified by Ticmxman at 7:36 AM 2/16/2008

Return to “Rogue Forum”