Rogue Tire Pressure Issues and Intelligent Key Question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
XbRogue

I purchased a New Phantom White SL AWD Saturday and when I took delivery I noticed that the tire pressure light is flashing.. I had the dealer check the tire pressure and they were fine, but the flashing remained, so I was told the sensors should adjust itself after driving a few miles and I still have the same problem.. Today I took the car into the dealer they said that the computer for the sensor has to be replaced..

Did anyone else face this problem, as this seems like something that shouldn’t be happening on a brand new car…

My other question is, I got a car alarm installed and because of it I can not just walk up to car and open the door without unlocking it first…Now it seems like Intelligent is useless, I’m wondering if there is a way to work around it?

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

why did you have a new alarm installed?

i wouldn't worry about the sensor issue. sometimes things just happen with new cars. they aren't guaranteed to be perfect just because theyre new.

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

I just returned from a month in a tropical paradise Thailand, to a very cold Illinois. After driving my Rogue for awhile the low pressure warning light came on. I checked my tires and from sitting in a cold garage all the tires were down to 28 lbs. Once I inflated all up to 31 pounds and drove a few miles the warning light went off. No big issue and I'm glad the sensors work as they should.

killercross
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I have had my tire pressure gauges checked due to the light coming on intermittently and they said they reset the circuit…whatever that means. It has come on once since then. As for the intelligent key well some times it’s not so bright. I find in the extreme cold the button on the rear hatch does not work. In addition I have had the side buttons seem to get stuck and beep 5 or six times. I guess we should all remember we all leased or purchased a brand new model that will have some bugs. I am sure most of our issues won’t be around for the 09 model.

phantom of the opera
Car: 2008 Venom Red

killercross wrote:In addition I have had the side buttons seem to get stuck and beep 5 or six times.
I have had the system beep like that also, but in my case it was a locking error. Although I had the key and the car was properly turned off, the system failed to lock. That constant beep is a warning that you must open a door and try again.

See the manual troubleshooting guide 3-14

Symptom:

When pushing the request switchThe outside buzzer sounds for approximately 2seconds.

Possible Cause:

The doors cannot be locked.

Action To Take:

Take out the Intelligent Key from the vehicleand push the request switch.Turn the ignition switch to the LOCKposition and push the request switch whilecarrying the Intelligent Key with you.Close all the doors securely and push therequest switch while carrying the IntelligentKey with you.

XbRogue

Took it in to replace the computer now the car wont start... I am thinking I got a lemon...

Not sure what the hell to do, i came home with a loner right now, but this is BS...

EZ300
Car: '08 Rogue S AWD

with regard to the tire pressure sensors, it might be just bad sensors, easily replaced with warranty, but i guess it is still a hassle, ask them if they could give you something for your troubles.

as for the alarm, a few of questions:1. the Rogue already came with an alarm, what was so special about the new alarm you had installed?2. is it an aftermarket alarm?3. did you have the new alarm installed by Nissan?

XbRogue

The alarm I put is the one with the shock sensors, I knew the car came with an alarm system I just didn’t know what kind, is it the same I just put in? The alarm was installed by the dealer..

So I went back after this, and apparently Nissan said replace the new computer with the old one, then the car started but one of the Keys wouldn’t work. So they programmed a new key… Now I have to go back Tuesday or Wednesday and repeat the whole computer thing.. If the new one is also a dud, then I’m raise some hell..

Mr._Couper
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe

Im having the same problem with the tire perssure light!!! I ignored it and went ahead and pick rims on my car. Now nissan is telling me that I caused the problem from the rims which is crapp!!! Sorry but glad to hear im not the only one maybe now more people will come forward and they will recall it

Return to “Rogue Forum”