Rogue Struts

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
oldnissanguy
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue SE
2023 Nissan Rogue S

Sadly my 2013 Rogue FWD needs struts and shocks. I've been looking for complete strut/spring assemblies and I'm not finding anything encouraging. KYB doesn't make them for the Rogue and the Monroe versions are made with their OE grade cartridges. Can anyone recommend a product? I have a new set of tires to put on but want to replace the shocks/struts before I do that.

Briguy1027

Wow, I didn't know KYB doesn't have any. Which company does Nissan use for their OEM struts?

oldnissanguy
2023 Nissan Rogue S

I have no idea who makes the OEM struts. I'm not looking for just struts, looking for the entire bolt in assembly.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mon ... lsrc=aw.ds

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

While lifting my rogue, I also wanted to upgrade my struts but couldn’t find anything that was better than my still functioning 11 yr old oem struts at the time.
So I kept them.

But one of my rear shocks were leaking many years ago, so I replaced them with KYB and had no problem with them whatsoever. A very good shock.

Unfortunately, it seems you have to rebuild your front struts with oem parts.

This is a tough one, I don’t know what I would do with my ocd. I might lean towards a used oem Nissan strut from eBay, because I just don’t trust a bolt on aftermarket being as GOOD a ride as an oem strut.

With my luck I get a crappy shaky ride and my ocd would drive me crazy if it rides worse.

Thank goodness I don’t have to cross that bridge.

oldnissanguy
2023 Nissan Rogue S

Still looking....................

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Speaking from experience...somewhat. I’d order the oem struts online and take them to a shop to have them installed, unless you have a spring compressor. You’ll still more than likely need an alignment. I installed Gabriel ready struts on my 09 Altima and they’re, just OK. The ride height is pretty much the same but they do ride harsher in town. On the highway they’re great. If you wanna keep the stock ride there’s more than likely nothing available in a ready strut that’s gonna get it done. I’m happy with them for the most part and installing them myself was just nuts and bolts and $80 for an alignment. Looking back I’d have at the very least have reused the factory springs and chose a quality strut.

D1dad
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Rock auto may have something that no one else has. If installing them yourself is your main goal and saving money over the outrageous quotes, which I completely understand, you could order the struts and remove them one by one and have a shop put the new struts in and then reinstall them. The concern at that point is how’s your bearings and bushing. If your really focused on ready struts, I can recommend Gabriel as sufficient. They’re made in China which was disappointing but what isn’t.

oldnissanguy
2023 Nissan Rogue S

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering KYB shocks and Monroe complete struts since the KYBs are unavailable for some reason. I’m too old to enjoy rebuilding struts although I don’t remember ever enjoying it. I’ll post if I encounter any problems or insights.

D1dad
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Monroe are good as long as you stay away from their entry level. I used them in an old Ford Taurus for college my bound son in a pinch and he’d have been better off had I welded a piece of solid tubing in their place. The biggest thing with your better ready struts is maintaining factory height. Some just look goofy and ad extra inches between the fender and tire. The Gabriel’s I used did not but did firm up the ride.

Return to “Rogue Forum”