Rogue Sports are slow - Upgrade options?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
clayrogue20ssv
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport SV 2.0L

Before the outrage, I am a 2020 Rogue Sport S owner of 3 weeks.

My experience in rush hour morning / lunch / 5oclock has been SPORT mode as much as possible and doing the accelerate to merge into a lane BEFORE the car has passed.
I've discovered that the 0-60 is a blazing 10.2 Sec and it's slightly slower than a Prius. But, I checked and the 2020 Prius is a 10.5 Sec so the Rogue Sport is slightly faster.

I have had a 2014 RAV4 a few years ago and did put a Cold Air Intake on it, so I was wondering how to do it in a Rogue Sport but it looks like there is sort of a AIR RAM system built in.
I'm assuming that if there wasn't a freaking Battery and Fusebox directly in the path of the Airbox, I could probably do a 2.5in intake with a cone filter. But does this look like I'm out of luck?

Note, it is hard to see, but the top of the airbox where it holds the air filter has plastic torn off and is missing a Plastic Grommet. I'm going to get a new airbox that is intact and maybe the Enginine will run better as the Air will be constant and not have holes in the intake.

For any modifications:
I'm looking into getting these:
1: https://www.performancechiptuning.com/v ... le-raizin/
2: https://www.performancechiptuning.com/s ... or-nissan/

With Cover
Without Cover:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Number 1 is a complete waste, the "smart charging" will override anything it tries to do on the output side of the 12V bus.

Number 2 may be worthwhile, you'll have to try it to find out. Some of those OBD tweakers work better than others. They all work by "fooling" the ECM in some fashion.

It's important to get that tube replaced, without it you're sucking hot air coming off the engine straight into the intake. That negates the factory CAI and will definitely reduce your power.

clayrogue20ssv
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport SV 2.0L

Thanks for the reply. I've decided against number 1 and have thought if I really wanted to ensure Power, to get the biggest 12V Battery allowed for that space.

I emailed JDM directly asking about what they recommend as they only have the 2020 Nissan Rogue for a choice and I know they have a 2.5L and not 2.0L (inside Rogue Sport.) JDM has been around for 10 years so I'm hoping they are legit.

I found some grommets and replaced what was missing. There are no open air holes with everything on now.

PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

There are no viable +HP modifications for these cars.

The CVT will be the limiting factor, because the belt won't be able to
handle anymore torque. That is why the CVT in the V6'ers, have a chain
instead of a belt.

IF you wanted power, then you want the V6 Murano. Even then, it's
still no 300HP V6 like you get with Ford, GM, and Chrysler.

Return to “Rogue Forum”