Rogue Sport - Door Mirror - ABS Damage

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
iceflow
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport S

Folks,
Well I don't think I can add attachments which is a bummer. Top left of door mirror assy, the ABS plastic has cracks.

I'm assuming to replace this requires a complete new mirror assy? ie: it is not possible to pop the ABS surround out? If I try to repair.....any tips on attempting a repair on the attached pic? eg: If I need to do any sanding on the very outside edge, what grit should I be using? Also has anyone used any adhesive product they can recommend if the marks are crack rather than scrapes. I haven't seen the vehicle yet, I'm told they are cracks in the plastic.
Thoughts, tips, war stories?

Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

EdBwoy

Is the plastic you're referring to, in the form of the front cap that catches bugs as you drive on the highway?
If yes, then my experience tells me that it is replaceable in most vehicles.
This link from a Nissan parts site, makes it seem like you can order different pieces (but yeah, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a n entire mirror assembly used)

Oh, and this is how to post pictures:
https://forums.nicoclub.com/how-to-post ... 18411.html

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

If you don't want to glue it. Or quick fix.

You could buy a cheap cover in Chrome or carbon fiber from china, etc.

On eBay.

Then paint black if needed. (The Chrome) Kinda sporty. Non gloss flat black.

I actually plasti dipped my mirrors many years ago. The plasti dip matches the bottom part of the mirror housing perfectly. In texture and look on my first generation Rogue.

iceflow
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport S

Thank you folks. Actually the damage is on the 'mirror side' of the door mirror plus a crack on the outside edge. The door mirror cover escaped unscathed. I can't upload pics for some reason. I'm going to try a DR Color Chip kit in black to see if I can build up enough material to try and reduce the damage appearance as much as possible. I did try Bondo glazing putty 907 but it dried red and my 'back to black' bumper paint would not adhere to the Bondo. Fortunately I'd only had a go at the hairline on the outer edge.
Anyway thanks for the responses.....Plastidip...I have some of that...there's a thought.

Thanks!

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Plastidip is nice enough to work with, as for uploading images, you'd have to have the image uploaded somewhere and imbed it in the [/img] or something along those lines, I can never remember exactly, I always have to play around with it lol

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Karona wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:51 pm
Plastidip is nice enough to work with, as for uploading images, you'd have to have the image uploaded somewhere and imbed it in the [/img] or something along those lines, I can never remember exactly, I always have to play around with it lol
Look above the smiles, when posting.

It's the 3rd box from the drop down that says normal.

The landscape box.

You click it then paste the image address between that heading.

Bam! Your posting pictures in this forum. :bigthumb:

Return to “Rogue Forum”