Rogue Seats and Long Commutes (ouch)

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jhrain
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

I LOVE my Rogue. It has more than 7k miles on it. A couple of errant rattles... the console creaks even after the Service Center claims they fixed it....

All of that.. no big deal. Still, what an awesome car.

BUT..... I've been commuting 2.5 hours one way off and on for a couple of weeks. NISSAN, please listen. These seats are not designed for long road trips.

I'm 5' 9", weight 215 lb.s... a tiny bit chubby, but I think I'm probably not much different from many US citizens.

I simply cannot keep this vehicle unless I find a way to address the uncomfortable seats. They aren't deep enough, and not enough thigh lateral support. The back rest is fine. I've tried every possible position, steering wheel too.. for trips less than 1 hour, I'm great. I thought it was me, until my other half started saying "my butt hurts, what is wrong with these seats?".

So, I hopped into my 1998 Honda Civic EX. Sigh, the seats are amazing. Our 1993 Lebaron (it's our beater) are much better. I took it on the road trip the other day, and no butt fatigue.

Am I alone? Please don't say "you're the absolutely only person" .. LOL. We have an '08 SL AWD, Leather (the heated part is lovely).

Does anyone have any reasonable suggestions? We are actually looking at other vehicles since I have to continue this commuting for another 18 months.

Mainiac
Car: - '08 Rogue SL AWD
+ '11 Rogue SL awd

I'm going to have to agree with you, daily driving the seats feel fine, but after a few hours they do tend to be a bit lacking in the comfort department.

I have not yet tried to find anything to help with this, maybe a seat pad of something?

indybuggy

I am smaller then you but I recently drove from Chicago to Pittsburgh and was very comfy. My husband on the other had really misses the tilt (not in out model) BUT the Rogue seats are way more comfy then his Sentra! they do make seat covers with padding, I have even seen memory foam ones, search online.

ahhbeebee
Car: '08 Rogue SL FWD - Pearl White

I've done upwards to 6 hrs straight and my only complaint is lack of lumbar support (in my model). Other than that, my wife and I both found the seats pretty comfortable.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

I've put 35,000 miles on my Rogue SL (also leather) in 8 months of ownership, and I have no complaints about the seats whatsoever.

There was a thread about the seats before I bought mine which had me concerned, so I've been pleasantly surprised with them.

I think it just takes getting the right adjustment down, particularly the lumbar support.

The one complaint I have is thigh room. I'd like a little more width between the center console and the door, a lot of which I think could be solved with a smaller, more inset door handle.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I am 6'1 and last week my 1 hour 15 minutes commute back became a 3h 30, thanks to a nice snow storm and some idiots still with all seasons tires .

At the end, it was quite painful in the rear area, and when my wife told me how long I was in the car, I understood why.

The seats lack some support close to the knee level for me but I can understand why Nissan did the seats like that: Not everybody is 6'+ !!

They are not the best in the market, but my wife and I found them quite comfy when we did a 9+ hours drive last september.

For safety reasons, you are not supposed to drive a car more than 2 hours straight without taking a break and walk a little. Nobody follows this rule (me being the first), but if you do that, you probably won't find the seats so uncomfortable.

For the price I pay for the car, I am quite happy with the seats I got. To this day, it is probably one of the most comfortable car I owned.When I will be older (and hopefully richer), I will buy a more comfortable and therefore more expensive car.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I agree with Pescakl1,

I think the seats are pretty good, the best I've owned anyway, and they're defniately better than the CRV and RAV4 seats that I test drove. However the most comfortable ones I've sat in by far were in my brothers cheap Sunfire car, those seats were amazing, so I guess seat quality is not always consistent with the price of a vehicle.

Before you consider losing thousands of dollars trading the car in because you don't like the seats, I'd recommend looking in to seat pads that might solve your problem. ObusForm makes ergonomic ones that support your spine and probably increase the comfort on your butt too.

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

The longest drive I've ever done is 1 hr.

For all you long distance drivers, just get a seat cushion from stores, such as Target or Walmart. I kept one in my '93 Honda Civic so I could sit higher in it, since I'm only 5'3".

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

The seats seemed fine on our SL until I got my Scion tC RS4. The seat cushion on the Rogue is a full inch and a half shorter than on the tC. I drive the latter car and didn't notice the difference until I drove the Rogue for the first time in 3 months. Big difference that inch and a half makes. I'm neither big nor small.

RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

I wish they had the seat extension for behind the knees like in my 04 BMW 330i, it just pops out when you want it a slides back in when you dont, other than that, my wife hates how the pass seat cannot recline flat, she's a car sleeper.

Return to “Rogue Forum”