Rogue Parts Availability ??

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
babbot
Car: Rogue SL AWD Silver

I've had my Rogue for about 6 weeks, and yesterday found my rear wiper blade snapped in half (vandal? car wash? spontaneous decomposition?). I figure that I'll just stop by and pick up a new wiper blade at the store, so I look in the owner's manual to determine the correct size. It just says to contact the dealer.

It winds up that the rear blade is apparently a one piece composite arm with a rubber piece that slides into this. One dealer quoted me $55 for this, and another quoted $33. Neither had it in stock, and said it would have to be special ordered to come from the central (not local) warehouse.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Are there other parts that are typically user replaceable, but are made for the Rogue so we have to go through Nissan (at a ridiculous price)?

Also, with the Rogue out for several months now, isn't it strange that the dealers and regional warehouses don't have a full stock of parts? It makes me worry if something serious needs repair.

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

I would suspect that the availability of parts won't become common for a few years. The most common parts will become available first, but odd parts are hard to come by for many vehicles, unless you own a Civic

Return to “Rogue Forum”