Rogue LED fog lights upgrade?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ikalinin
Car: 2018 Infiniti QX60 Deluxe Tech
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Has anyone done the OEM fog light upgrade to LED? looks like nissan has an accessory, but i haven't been able to find any videos or pictures to see if its worth paying the $ over getting some high quality philips LED bulbs?
i have the LED oem headlights pkg, and would like something to match the headlights.
https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_20 ... V5LED.html

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The halogens are standard H9 or H11 (I forget which), and there are tons of good H9/H11 replacement LED's out there. Just get them from a reputable source if you use the fogs frequently, cheap H-type LED's never have enough heat-sinking and die fast. If you want to go full headlight-equivalent brightness then you might as well get the Nissan package, because high-wattage H's from VLED, Diode Dynamics, etc, will set you back $200. If you keep the wattage under 30W then it will be a whole lot cheaper and you can get reputable ones from places like SuperBrightLEDs.com.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Which generation Rogue are you asking about? There's no Rogue listed in your profile, so it help to know the correct model.

LED's in general and fog lights have been covered extensively in previous posts. What did you find when you used the SEARCH feature on this forum?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Rogue One wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am
Which generation Rogue are you asking about? There's no Rogue listed in your profile, so it help to know the correct model.

LED's in general and fog lights have been covered extensively in previous posts. What did you find when you used the SEARCH feature on this forum?
I don't think this has actually been covered, Rogue. The OP is referring to an LED fog upgrade kit that Nissan offers for gen2 Rogues that already have halogen fogs. Conceptually the LED upgrades are new territory for Nissan, they haven't offered anything like that in the past. But with LED headlights becoming more prevalent, a lot of people like the OP would prefer their fog lamps to match the low beams in appearance and color temperature. Nissan is responding to that.

ikalinin
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

thanks Rogue One, i forgot to update my profile.. :) did it now.
and yes, i'm talking about the Nissan LED upgrade.
problem with all these LED bulbs, that are not name brand like Philips, or Sylvania, Osram, etc... that they are junk.. they start flickering, or melt or become different color output over time, so i like to stay w/ reputable bulbs that would cost nearly the same as the LED upgrade from Nissan (ebay has good deals)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

ikalinin wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:21 am
problem with all these LED bulbs, that are not name brand like Philips, or Sylvania, Osram, etc... that they are junk.. they start flickering, or melt or become different color output over time, so i like to stay w/ reputable bulbs that would cost nearly the same as the LED upgrade from Nissan (ebay has good deals)
The big names in halogen and HID aren't actually the companies doing the best work with high-wattage LED's, although Phillips is starting to invade the space with their Ultinon line. If you look through other posts here, VLED is probably the company most-mentioned for high quality and no junk. I can also vouch for Diode Dynamics and GTR Lighting by way of my customers. The difference between good and bad bulbs is pretty simple -- good heat-sinking -- but in execution, that's neither simple nor cheap.

ikalinin
2018 Nissan Rogue SL

right.. even the VLED are like $110-$140 a pair.. i can get a the Nissan LED upgrade fog assy for like $150 on ebay.
thus my question. did anyone upgrade their fogs and has factory LED? how do they match, what did they use? did anyone get the Nissan LED OEM set?

thanks all,

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I haven't paid attention to a pair in actual service, but my guess is that the Nissan set will have less than headlamp-wattage. Nissan's LED headlights (I've cut several open) have monster aluminum-block heatsinks inside, and there's really no room for that sort of thing inside a fog assembly. So the Nissan set is probably 30~40W equivalent and not the 55~60W you'd get from a headlamp type H11. On the other hand, since Nissan is very conservative about proper heatsinking, I'd expect their upgrade units to be extremely well-designed and trouble-free.

Return to “Rogue Forum”