Rogue is better than CRV

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
spicekay
Car: Rogue

I have been looking for a AWD SUV so I was searching around for sometime. I test drove the CRV twice and it was ok. I only found out about the Rogue last week and rushed to my dealer ( I currently drive a sentra) to test drive it. They only had the S trim in stock but its the same engine so no prob. I LOVE THE ROGUE! My husband drives a G35 and he is big on power and even him was impressed, especially compared to the CRV. He is 6" 2 and about 250 pounds and said he was quite comfortable in the seat and head room. I was really impressed with the Rogue, both inside and out. Needless to say the CRV is out of the picture. I plan to get the SL trim so it will have all the nice features of bluetooth, etc. Leather package would be nice but I want to keep the price down. The only problem I had with the Rogue is the small back window, I am used to driving in sedans with big windows but I can get used to it. Especially with the larger than usual side mirrors. My husband had no problems with the back window, I guess he is accustomed to that from driving the G35. Overall I am loving the Rogue! I have been a constant chatter box about it since I have seen it. The price is great also as it starts lower than CRV and Rav4.

Edmunds.com did a comparison test between the Rogue, CRV, Rav4 and Outlander. The results were in this order..Rav4, Rogue, CRV, Outlander. The Rav4 only won because if its 6 cylinder, but the Rogue won it over in other categories.

Ok this entry is getting too long..just want to say Go Rogue!

poconosmama

I was concerned about the back window too when I first got it, I was so used to a much larger rectangular window. But after a few days you really do get used to it. I also had to get used to driving automatic, I've never had an automatic car. That too only took a few days. My husband likes it too which really shocked me!

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

poconosmama wrote:I was concerned about the back window too when I first got it, I was so used to a much larger rectangular window. But after a few days you really do get used to it. I also had to get used to driving automatic, I've never had an automatic car. That too only took a few days. My husband likes it too which really shocked me!
The back window is not a problem for me and I actually think I can see better out the back window than I could My 06 RAV. It helps if your side mirrors are adjusted properly where there is no blind spot.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Ticmxman wrote:
The back window is not a problem for me and I actually think I can see better out the back window than I could My 06 RAV. It helps if your side mirrors are adjusted properly where there is no blind spot.
The spare tire limits the visibility in the RAV.

spicekay
Car: Rogue

yes the side mirrors are great. After adjusting them, I no longer had a problem with the back window. Not sure if its my imagination but the Rogue side mirrors seem to be bigger than the usual side mirrors on vehicles. It had a more boxy look with more viewing area. That is a plus for me!

mquebe

I am very happy to hear this as I was worried about rear visibility.Thanks for the post.

Return to “Rogue Forum”