Rogue cabin fan and battery

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Dahigufa
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV

I had an incident last weekend. Pulled into a place the other day, had to wait a good 20 minutes for service, so turned off the AC. Turn the car back on, not started. I get the normal warning about every five minutes saying it’s going to turn off to save battery. After two cycles of that. The battery was dead. Anybody experience this?

I wouldn’t think that with the car just on, not started that it would be that much battery drain to cause this. Wondering if I just got a flaky battery, or what...

casperfun
    Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Oem is a crappy battery that gives you barely 3 yrs at most. Or at least for me.

I don’t know if you have a modern Rogue with all the gadgets and gizmos, but it would take me 1hour & half of playing loud music with the ignition off to kill my battery.

Considering Nissan’s reputation of late and lower standard in craftsmanship, it might be a stinky battery. :yesnod

Dahigufa

That’s one of the things I had thought of.
    I was really surprised that it died that quickly. It was on the second iteration of the fans being on, I started here are the fan pulsate faster or slower or faster or slower. That’s when I shut it off and then try to start it, just clicking from the starter. So turn it off let it sit for about 15-20 minutes, and just barely started but did start. since then it’s been fine. This is an a 2019 SV rogue

rabidus
    Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
    2012 Nissan Quest

I have a 2011 Rogue base model with no issues. But my 2012 Nissan Quest Le has auto headlights and they don't turn off until the door is opened. The headlights on with the car off killed my battery pretty quick.

Dahigufa

I’ll have to check that. Didnt think the HLs would come on during the day. I knew the DRLs would be on. Lesson learned.

rabidus
    Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue
    2012 Nissan Quest

My incident was at night, the auto headlights may come on in a shadowed area though.

Return to “Rogue Forum”