Rogue Bose - Horrible - What can be done?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mtritt

So I'm at the dealership getting ready to pull the trigger on two Rogues when on a test drive I pop in a CD - and what I hear is pretty much the worst sound I think I've ever heard from a car audio system. It's okay for talk radio, but pretty much useless for music.

I've seen a couple threads on this board pertaining to Bose quality and I'm wondering what people have done to upgrade (or FIX) the sound in this vehicle. I would prefer not replacing head units, but if that's the true issue (in addition to the speakers), then that's a deal breaker. I would be forced to look elsewhere.

A pity.

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

I don't even have a Bose system in my Rogue & my radio & CDs sound fantastic to me...very nice & clear. Maybe I'm not familiar w/ how good it can sound...unless those are defective sound systems you were listening to.

philipa_240sx

Sound quality is very subjective. IMHO, the sound system in the Rogue is decent for what it is.

As for upgrades, anything is possible.

- You can keep the stock BOSE head unit and amp and just upgrade the speakers.- You can add external amps bypassing the stock BOSE amp (it's located near the spare tire under the cargo floor)- Dash kits are already out there so you can easily do a single or double DIN head unit.

I cannot recommend which way to go, but I am sure there are others here who are far more expert than me. You can also try the Audio Section of the forum.

Goblin
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg.

I agree with you 100%! Read my post on a simple Bose modification that will make all the difference.

zer...ation

Return to “Rogue Forum”