Rogue 2015 Code P0776

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
pattysanti
Car: Nissan Rogue 2015

Yesterday I took my car to get a diagnostic reading at the Nissan Dealer ( I didn't get any warning lights, but everyime my car gets hot and I press the gas pedal it takes about 2 seconds to move) so the test came back with bad news, they told me the codes P0776 pressure control solenoid B and DRC code P1564 ASCD SW further inspection found CVT B count at 1, CVT A count at 0, so they basically told me they need to replace my transmition about 3500 to $4k ...can someone tell if this reading looks accurate to replace my entire transmission? My car has 73k and I’m second owner, warranty expire

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Cvt?

Oh simple.

Save $3900.

And do a drain and flush.

The nerve of them still saying that the cvt sucks in a 3 yr old car.

With only 73,000 miles.

Don't get hosed.

pattysanti

So it will need a transmission fluid replacement?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

:dblthumb:

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

pattysanti

Thanks, just to be clear for the codes I gave you, you dont think I need to replace the entire transmission, If so I can’t believe the dealer is scamming me this way...I’m still making payments in this car, plus I don’t have any warning lights about this issue.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

You can try it but don't be surprised if changing the fluid really does nothing. That guy may well have been the odd one. In most cases the issues do not change, I work on ATX and have seen it again and again. The difference in burned fluid and new is slight but there is some, however, that will not generally change the trans as any worn parts do NOT rebuild by simply changing the fluid.

Changing the fluid to get a slipping trans fixed perfectly is an age old myth, and there are solid reasons why sometimes doing it can actually make the slipping or erratic behavior get much WORSE. Many will say otherwise though including some who drove vehicles they said were fixed but I could clearly see were not. The human condition being what it is often leaves no room for reality.

Nissan pretty much replaces transmissions rather than fixing them, it's because they no longer want to pay someone smart enough to simply fix a couple of parts needed and the diagnostic is often too unclear as to what can be wrong. Of course, the fact that they make a LOT more money by changing them completely has nothing to do with that does it?

Some of those CVTs are dead in YEAR old cars, don't fool yourself. Driving style has much to do with that, they don't take to heavy right feet well at all.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The 776 code means the fluid could be dirty to affect the pressure solenoid operation, changing fluid may help that but be aware even changing the fluid can be expensive. The solenoid of course can simply be sticking from going bad.

The code itself may well be a 'pending' one, or one the ECM has not decided to make a hard fault yet. They count a certain number of times an error happens and once it hits the software count number the light comes on. Meaning you CAN have issues with no light on (yet).

pvalenti99
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue

Hi all. Anybody had a this problem with their Rogue? After about an hour of city driving the car would hesitate to go at speeds above 20. Triggers after coming to a complete stop. I took it to dealership and they advised replacing the pressure control solenoid B? they said a code p0776 was the error code. Its a 2016 Nissan Rogue with 53k miles.

Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

pvalenti99 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:23 pm
Hi all. Anybody had a this problem with their Rogue? After about an hour of city driving the car would hesitate to go at speeds above 20. Triggers after coming to a complete stop. I took it to dealership and they advised replacing the pressure control solenoid B? they said a code p0776 was the error code. Its a 2016 Nissan Rogue with 53k miles.

Thanks
:welcome:

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've merged this with an existing topic. If you read the previous posts I think you'll find a possible solution.

BryanS1010
Car: 2017 Nissan Maxima SR

So what's the final results?? 2017 Maxima SR and I've had code p0776 for a bit now and can't get it to go away, car is stuck in limp mode as well. I've installed new solenoids, cleaned the valve body and VVT solenoids. Changed the fluid 5 times now.......I'm at a loss here

Return to “Rogue Forum”