V.

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

hmm, not sure what to think about this. I hope there is something alittle different. I mean jumping form planes, destroying cops in tanks, and abusing whores is fun and all, but thats been done in the last like 4 GTAs.

I cant wait to see the trailers though to see what they got

dasoupdude

Whenever I play GTA i feel like I'm in my sanctuary, i still want to try SR3 though. It's got precision air strikes for the lulz.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Eh.

4 was not good, and its expansions were genuinely horrible. I have no hopes of 5 being anything good. Rockstar lost track of what made early GTA great a long time ago. Now they're so busy trying to be gritty and cinematic and groundbreaking they've forgotten that people play games to have fun.

That said, Red Dead is excellent, and knows how to laugh at itself. So maybe there is a tiny spark of life left in Rockstar somewhere.

alms24sebring

I actually agree with you. IV was not that great. I didnt like San Andreas at all, and no its not because he was black. Its hard to beat the original GTA III. I should start playing that on my ps2 again.

I wonder if V will have cheats.. real cheats like the good old days.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

From what I've seen around the net GTA V is supposed to take place in present day LA and is supposed to have the same game engine that LA Noire runs on and is supposed to have a bunch of major Hollywood talent doing the voice work.

dasoupdude

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX2jmV4g0vc&lc[/youtube]

Looks like we're back to San Andreas. I can't wait.

alms24sebring

Hmmmm, looks kind of impressive. Im excited now :)

I think Ill have to get it just because. I just hate secret packages and the other hundreds of collectibles but who says looking up maps is cheating. Im using my resources

dasoupdude

I hear you, too bad this game probably isn't coming out for almost another year :frown:

RCA

GTA 5 is in LA. I am sure this had a lot to do with LA Noire.

Chaotic_Warlord

Midnight Club LA + LA Noire = a fictional city with fictional cars, WTF.

dasoupdude

RCA wrote:GTA 5 is in LA. I am sure this had a lot to do with LA Noire.
Yep, i was gunna say midnight club LA too.
Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Midnight Club LA + LA Noire = a fictional city with fictional cars, WTF.
I like it better that way actually, it would be strange to have brand cars. I know the new driver game will have it though.

I'm hoping the next two trailers will be san fierro and las venturas.

Chaotic_Warlord

I actually would like to play a GTA style game that takes place in a real city with real real cars and real landmarks. L.A. Noire was an awesome game and I liked the whole police investigation aspect (really wish there were more games like that), so why can't we have the same thing set in a modern timeframe but with a criminal aspect.

dasoupdude

So i just beat saints row 3. Eventually caved and had to use cheats, the game is so outlandish so its not like it took away from the gaming experience. I was impressed, definitely better than the last saints rows i played.

I tried playing GTA IV after and everything seemed so slow, I was so used to the crazy mechanics sr3 had, like jumping into any car while after kicking through a windshield and driving off. THAT was awesome. It definitely spoiled me.

alms24sebring

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I actually would like to play a GTA style game that takes place in a real city with real real cars and real landmarks. L.A. Noire was an awesome game and I liked the whole police investigation aspect (really wish there were more games like that), so why can't we have the same thing set in a modern timeframe but with a criminal aspect.
Because the Infernus, Cheetah, and Banshee legacies cant die now. Sure they could have Ferarri's and lambos but I think that takes away from the originality of GTA. Also arent legal issues and lisences the reason why actual landmarks arent set and are needed to make racing games with actual cars? I think its too politically incorrect to be able to blow up the Statue of Liberty because you know, all the kids (and terrorists) will get the idea demean American pride from a dam video game.

Chaotic_Warlord

Good points and I had thought of that, but since games are all about pushing limits now (The next Rainbow Six game is all about trying to stop American terrorlst that are trying to blow up major landmarks in modern day NYC) and lets face it Rockstar games is ALL about pushing limits and political incorrectness (just look at the 2 expansions of GTA IV). So it's OK to kill cops and the mayor in a fictional city but not in a real city? If a child or anyone else for that matter can't different between what is cool for a game but won't fly in reality with out repercussions than that's just a sign of piss poor parenting and a total lack of discipline.

alms24sebring

I also thought of that too as I was writing that post. Fallout 3 had alot of major DC landmarks. Good points too. It is ok be able to kill cops, lead a mafia, and bang hookers freely in an imaginary gaming world. I dont know, I still think a lookalike city would be a better fit and allows more creativity.

SBC 240Z

plausible deniability

Return to “Gaming”