Road Trip!!!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

Just got back from a quicky road trip, if 1000+ miles is considered quick. I headed out from Denver Thursday after work & made it to Hot Springs, SD that night to camp.

Friday morning started early. 1st I visited Wind Cave N.P. Very cool. After that I hit the Mammoth Site. Again very cool. Then off to Crazy Horse & Mt. Rushmore. This made a long day, but well worth it.

Saturday, headed to Jewel Cave & Devils Tower, then home to Denver.

Devils Tower:Mt. Rushmore:

After spending 1000+ miles in the Versa on this trip, I am very pleased with it. The seating is very comfortable. And I only filled up twice for less than $30 each. The open highway does highlight a design flaw Nissan should fix in the 6-speed. Make 6th gear an over-drive gear so you are below 3000 rpm @ 80 mph. Even at the low gearing I managed to get 35.0 & 36.1 mpg on the two tanks. The tank is half full now. It is nice that I can plan fuel costs to be less than $0.10 per mile for a road trip.

Sure will make future road trips easier to afford.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

Great pictures, that Devils Tower is odd looking. Is that rock or what? I would love to see this area of the country someday. The high rpm is one of the reasons I chose the CVT. It runs about 600 rpm lower at the same speed. What are the two black things on the roof toward the back in the second pic? The one on the passenger side looks like the satellite antennae, can't make out the driver side one. Or, is that just my imagination?

XterraVersa

The 2 black things are antennaes. 1 gps & 1 XM

1337sizz0rz
Car: VERSA SL

Nice pics

cireecnop1
Car: 2007 Toyota Touring Prius w/Package#5

just out of curiosity, what kind of GPS do you have? Was interested in getting one,right now I have the microsoft streets and strips for my lap top but wan one that can stay in the car.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

I was going to ask the same question!! I thought most of the portable gps units had the antennae built in. Can we have a picture please? How well does the gps work?

XterraVersa

I have a Garmin iQue 3600. It has a built in antenae, but when it is in the car, the roof shields the signal. With the external antenae, all satelites are at full signal. SInce I also use it in the Xterra, the antenae cable is not hidden in the car for easy removal.

The GPS is held in place by a windshield mount. You can see it in the 1st picture I posted.

With the XM & GPS unit I had to use a splitter since I can only find one 12v outlet. This outlet is in a poor location next to the handbrake. Sometimes the cables tangle on the brake, so I am going to split & relocate an outlet on the dash somewhere.

ETA:You can see the setup in the next picture also just to the left of the headrest

Modified by XterraVersa at 8:39 PM 9/3/2006
Modified by XterraVersa at 8:39 PM 9/3/2006

JeppAbando
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL

i do have the mats, but how did you get your splash guards? came after u bought it from the dealer, or u bought it as seperate accessory?

XterraVersa

JeppAbando wrote:i do have the mats, but how did you get your splash guards? came after u bought it from the dealer, or u bought it as seperate accessory?
Please point out what splash guards you are talking about since they are not listed on my window sticker, nor can I see them on my car.

XterraVersa

I uploaded the rest of my pictures from the trip if you are interested in seeing them:

http://www.pbase.com/sms/labor_day_2007

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Yeah, his car doesn;t have splash guards. Mine does, but I haven't taken any pictures since I got them installed.

My dealer was able to order them as a separate accessory. They had to wait for about a month after I got the car before they were able to get the part number and get a set in.

BTW, the splash guards on these things are REALLY subtle.

ilusha55

XterraVersa great photos! It takes a breath away when seeing all those caves and tunnels!! It gets scary at times looking by the pictures.

JeppAbando
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL

if u don't mind me askin, how much did those splash guards go for? affordable?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

My dealer gave me the splash guards for free because 24 hours after I bought my car, the clutch started slipping badly (ASCD switch adjustment issue). For the inconvenience, they ordered and installed them for me at no charge.

Sorry, no clue how much they actually cost.

(sorry for the thread hijack... great pics tho! My wife says we need to make our own mount rushmore pic, but with a blue onyx versa...)

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Nice pics!

jmagill

"My wife says we need to make our own mount rushmore pic, but with a blue onyx versa...)" I might beat you to it! We should be headed there next weekend. We are buying property on the Wyoming side of the Black Hills.

My Blue Onyx Versa will be the on it's first road trip.

Jill

Mudd
Car: 2007 Versa Hatchback SL

Splash Guards were $39.95 per set for me. I paid to have them installed which was a mistake. There are just a few screws needed. Close fit on the rear but can be done.

skoobahead
Car: Powder 1.8SL CVT

Hey Mudd,

Where did you find the splash guards?

Thanks

Mudd
Car: 2007 Versa Hatchback SL

Ordered them through the Dealer. The Parts Guy told me that all Nissan Dealers should have the recent updated Accessory list. If they don't they can get if from Nissan. So you Dealer should be able to get them to you.

electech

My splash guards came on my Versa. They were factory installed and listed on the window sticker, not on a dealer add on sticker. Mine had the convenience pkg., floor mats and mud guards as options. I don't remember how much it was on the sticker but somewhere around $100 sounds right. They do a good job.

electech

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them! I have to get out that way one day. I need to start a thread on gps units to see what everyone is using and how they like them.

Return to “Versa General Chat”