road rage

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
zzzZZZsth
Car: 370z coupe

Hello all,

I have a random Q. I love to take my Z out on a cruise, but as an older guy I really get annoyed when younger people try and engage me to race.... it gets annoying when they cut you off. I'm not a pedal to the medal, I worked hard and many years to get my car which I love, but sometimes the attention of people wanting to race is a little too much to bear. Anyone have any road rage experiences? I got a thing of pepper spray and feel inclined to take things one step further and I am by no means a small man I just am short tempered and love to kick a** every now and then. Anyone have any help advice?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

' I just am short tempered and love to kick a** every now and then.'

That could very easily be one of the worst things a person can do..........cost wise. Not saying you're not justified, just that random chance holds some whopping surprises sometimes for people who tend to think like that, the numbers are the great equalizer there. Here in Texas there is one city next to me that will virtually jail you just over any overt obvious threat and you don't have to lay a hand on anyone to feel it. They simply call in your plate and you get a warning citation with zero proof at all. Here as well a lot of people concealed carry with or without a license to do it and people have been killed messing with them.

zzzZZZsth

Thanks for the info. Will try to keep it in mind. Just kind of frustrated nowadays at the youth and their lack of respect for hard work and lack of discipline. I swear kids are growing up ADD and don't know what the word commitment means. If one of these kids flicks another cigarette butt at my car I'll try to contain it.

zzzZZZsth

Just sawed my 12 gauge guys. Goin to the range and going to practice my aim and then will pick up a .22 caliber. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Dad always told me............one can make life as easy or difficult on himself as he wants...........

I feel your pain.............but not your apparent resolution as to a cure for it. Thinking ultimately you won't like the outcome as well. BTDT.

I was manager at several places and can attest as to how many of them are -hitty workers, I used to use a number of 5 new employees to row through before getting the 'keeper', now that number has grown to 1 in maybe 30, based on my son's input as well. He is a super at a trucking/distribution company. Incredibly hard to get anyone now to come in simply 5 days in one week on time and all gripe about $17/hr. pay as too low where most of them cannot count to ten five times correctly, or cannot read the outside of a cratebox to see 144/count or 24/count. Massive multi-thousand dollar errors almost every single week and we have no idea how the company seems to thrive doing it. Just had another error 2 days ago for $85000 dollars. The utter incompetence is beyond belief. The incompetents unionized several years back to protect themselves and so dense the thinking there they have not realized over the last 2 union contract negotiations they have LOST overall benefits, you simply give them a pittance in raises and they think they are doing well. Practically every day you lose one or two to simply being in jail.

Son and I refer to it as the 'law of McDonald's', it is cast in concrete. Those people drive (or attempt to anyway) as well and you see them all day long, there is not enough shooting on the entire planet to take care of that now. So, you can do your thing and still will be simply buried in the numbers. I say let attrition take them out, it always does after a point. They may laugh at you for the moment but you can easily envision their quality of life at say 50 or 60 years old (provided they live that long), it's then enlightening. Justice IS slow but it IS there.

Sorry for that but it is what it is..............I say that being another who has anger control issues at times.

zzzZZZsth

I hear ya brother. Also the fact that nowadays with these fellas in their "relationship" and "dating" problems, I hear all this talk about one guy not coming into work at all cause he was wanted to spend as much time as he could in the gym, to try and find chicks to hook up with... sigh. I swear in my day, those guys wouldhn't have lasted a minute in our world. Were you in 'Nam bro? There's a saying that one of my old ranger co workers said that, it dont' matter sometimes what you do, what mission you're on, but WHO youre with and if you can TRUST the soldier next to you. Hold your life in theirs, holding their life in yours. NOwadays I don't know what these kids are doing in their spare time, especially in their youths, what I'm saying is that loyalty isn't built on facebook and twitter, and I wouldn't want to be caught in a foxhole with someone who doesn't understand the concepts of honesty, trust, and loyalty. And a hard day's work. Like Colonel Jessup once said, I'd rather those kids say thank you, than question the means by which we create the very blanket of freedom in which we provide. Otherwise, you kids can pick up a weapon... either way I don't give a damn! what these kids think they are entitled to!

zzzZZZsth

My ranger co worker was an honorable true man. A family man. carried his son everywhere he went in a satchel he used to wear strapped to his chest. Never talked about twitter and all that nonsense. These kids today make me want to move to oklahoma city brother.

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

If this is bothering you that much, you really shouldn't be driving. Sorry dude. You pop a round in someone over road rage, you're going away for a long time regardless of who instigated it.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

^This is the only real answer. And the police will find this and charge premeditated. No matter how high on the horse you think you are, there's never an excuse to pop off a round at someone just because they made you mad. Only threats to life. And even then, depending on what state you're in, you'll still be charged until your court hearing.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

What I was trying to tell him. It will not give the release one thinks it will, and then you have done something to make you forget about all of that except in hindsight.

We are in a lemming world now and if you try to keep them from going over the cliff they simply turn and take a chunk out of you to then go over it anyway. All one can do is to take the best care of his little microcosm (immediate family) and try to teach them how to not go crazy like all the rest.

Just came out of the burger joint a few minutes ago after watching a group of young loud mouths declaring their control of things in their world (snicker) get up and make sure everybody knows they are leaving, cussing, loud, etc. I come out to my car and find they all threw their leftover drinks everywhere, including all over my car and the other one parked on the other side of theirs. Whaddya gonna do???? Can't kill them.

I'm telling you, dream of their halcyon days in the future, it all comes back to haunt them! Young stupid usually translates into old stupid unless one gets the picture and most don't have enough time to do that much less the mental toughness needed to do it. There IS equilibrium.

zzzZZZsth

The lemming thing is great. I had to google it and found that these rats jump of cliffs to their deaths? Comedic. Yes appropriate here, but I'm the type of person who believes that it's best to "be first", and so if Darwin is saying that some of these youths are going to be jumping off the cliff anyway why not give them a push? Our presidents and past presidents are tirelessly trying to create an economy which will work for these kids but if they are so opposed to learning something and doing an honest days work then I just don't see the point. They say that a dog learns during the first 6 weeks of its life, how it will be, but the environment can mold his personality. IN the same way, we try and instill appropriate values into our children but at some point a lot of this is lost in many of them. At some point you are what you "do" and your actions. Should we re institute the draft? Even porpoises will kill other porpoises if they're out of line. I'm not saying that it's a good thing fellas but sometimes kids need to learn a thing or two about how this world works.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

By someone murdering them? Good idea bro. Obviously you're dead-set on murdering someone so do your thing. Let the LEO's sort it out and we'll be seeing you on Dateline.

zzzZZZsth

As a moderator ACE I understand your position. But we invest so much in our youth, make sacrifices and what do we get in return? A lack of respect.... do kids today even know their american history? You ask them what the federalist papers are and they'll wonder if those are a brand of zig zag rolling papers for marijuana. Let me make one point, well I indeed have read the federalist papers and our founding fathers knew that the USA would require amending, but didn't bet on a culture of disrespectful little gremlins running about. They are the future of our country, and do you want these kids structuring your social security? I sure as hell don't Bueler. There are things that must be instilled in our young men or we'll be sitting in a world of anarchy. Then you will see murder and what it is. They'vejust started allowing women into the marine corps. Now, I'm all about equal rights for women. Hell I believe women are even smarter and more valuable than men. But any marine under duress will tell you, that some places are just not designed for the female gender. Society of sissies is what we've started to become.

zzzZZZsth

I'd be willing to bet that most of the "deer in headlights" were actually female deer.

Ace2cool
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

zzzZZZsth wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:12 pm
As a moderator ACE I understand your position.
As a cop, I add even more to the narrative. You're a danger to society with statements like that.
zzzZZZsth wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:12 pm
They'vejust started allowing women into the marine corps. Now, I'm all about equal rights for women. Hell I believe women are even smarter and more valuable than men. But any marine under duress will tell you, that some places are just not designed for the female gender. Society of sissies is what we've started to become.
Women have been serving in the corps since 1918. Exactly one hundred years. I'm aware of what you MEAN, but that's not what you've said. You're talking about combat roles, which have a grueling selection process. If they can hack it, they can hack it. They said the same things about female sailors on US Navy ships. That's been working well for years now. That's called chauvinism, thinking that women can't do a job because of their gender.

zzzZZZsth

First off I thank you for your service. You as well as anyone should know that simulation is not the equivalent... can women stomach fishing dead bodies out of freezing temp water at the same efficiency as men? here is where you and I differ and that is ok. All I am saying is that there are too many undisciplined youths parading around this country. I'm not saying shooting them is key, but something must be done. When you apprehend a youngster, these kids have already myriad of lies that you need comb through right? Does this not annoy? I need to get back to the pasts game. talk to you fellas later.

zzzZZZsth

don't get me wrong, I love the navy. Anytime the marines need to go fight, they give em a ride.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

You've already heard my pretty much pessimistic viewpoint, which I've had my entire life as it leads to being correct much more about anything to do with the human condition.

Now, another side....................you CANNOT simply give up as you have no idea who will 'come to Jesus' in the course of instruction and setting an example. Once one writes off the whole planet then one may as well put that bullet in one's own head (please don't do that) as there is no longer any sense of purpose, and believe me, we ALL are here for something more than that. The problem being, we have to get over ourselves before we can point the headlights at others.

We in no way can individually save the world, but quite often saving a small piece of it is enough. Being right most of the time is highly overrated, I'd much rather see the occasional small miracle here and there. 7 billion people on this planet now and any number of them are ***holes, why add to that...................do something DIFFERENT. ANYBODY can pull a trigger, the act in and of itself is moronic. There ARE some few young people who 'go along with the crowd' due to boredom or lack of ability to look at themselves, yet they can be pulled back from the brink with a little work and some honest input given in a non-brutal fashion.

zzzZZZsth

You guys are an admirable group. Strong Christian men. I'm not trying to go over anyone's head I just want to make a point about our country. For instance lets take this real life scenario. You hire a kid, who is totally a novice. you start to teach him about the ways of your industry and company/organization....just to find out illegally or legally this youngster starts taking large amounts of adderall or another smart drug and then just starts to embarass you at the company. At meetings etc he has taken your training and thrown you under the bus. Some may contest that it'll just backfire, but at the end of the day it's all been for nothing. We don't have time for this nonsense. I'll be damned if I take orders from this kid, when he doesn't even know the feeling of having something "earned". It's like a kid entering a karate school, taking steroids, then bullying his way up to black belt. I'm not saying that our youths are hopeless. Or you hire a kid and he is someone at lunch checks his cell phone every 10 minutes to see if he had a message from adult friend finder. We don't have time for this kind of mess. Maybe I'm old schooled but at the least some of these kids need a butt whippin.

zzzZZZsth

Kids need to understand who formed the backbone of this country. Who spent a lifetime defending this nation. It's not like we are asking for a handout.. but just a little courtesy every now and then.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Any butt whuppin' will likely do no good. If one is a Christian then he believes in end times and that is where we are at. Still we must not give up. Yes it can be incredibly depressing but if you look hard enough there you will see God and the ways in which he works. This is a much bigger issue than just this country alone, the hardening of hearts began a long time ago and must be in place for other things to happen. Beyond that the USA is past the 200 year period and witness all great societies in history that cave in after 200 years, there are solid reasons for it and premier among them is the social breakdown that sets the rest to happen. Consider depressions and why they commonly occur in 60 year cycles, the generation that went through one (they are terrified of going through it again) has to die off before the younger foolish ones who did not then mess the whole thing up enough to come tumbling down again. The 200 years is a further extension of that to make a society depraved enough it cannot see the danger it poses to itself.

It took from the beginning of recorded history until 1930 to get the first one billion people on this planet, and 1960 to two billion. We just crossed eight billion as a milestone last year. See a pattern there? It's set in stone and the guy upstairs is biding his time until it all gets triggered. Once things get good and squeezed then the radicals are encouraged to come out from under their rocks. Think Trump, the US would not have let him flourish 25 years ago. The changes, they be comin' quick now. People should be acting differently and they still have the ability to do so but won't. It's proof of the natural state of man as thinking he needs no God and where that ends up????????????

If China bumps out the US as the controlling power on the planet before the end of everything it will get much worse, and pretty much set to go there now. All it would take is an international incident (South China Sea? the setup is perfect for it) and then China making demands for instant payment of all money owed to it by the US and suing for it in the world court. US obviously not able to pay and China says they'll just take California instead, the possibilities are endless.

zzzZZZsth

I had a bad day today fellas. One of my young coworkers was dealing with another co worker, and they ended up having a battle or words trying to one up eachother while 15 minutes passed with no productivity whatsoever. Then, I know they spent the next 45 minutes lingering over this stupid incident and so not only did I lose 1 hour of productivity, but now it is a total of 2 hours which I have lost. I swear, there must be some resolution.

All I can say is quote of on my favorite movies. We might be stuck in hell guys, where we cannot resolve this problem of ill infected youth. They passed and infected me with this lack of productivity. "get busy living, or get busy dying guys.... maybe the pacific is as blue as it is in my dreams, and zuahuateneo.... where the locals claim that it is where memories do cease to exist".

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Well, that type of behavior is why I at the last stepped away from being over others and dropped back to simply being responsible for myself as far as being at work. Then I simply sat back and watched others crash and burn all day long. I got tired of being personally reamed over the performance of others who could care less about their own situations much less what happens to them at work. Fortunately the money side of things was taken care of by then. The teamwork concept regardless of all the company brainwashing is pretty much dead other than teamwork used between shiftless people to push their own agendas to lower the amount of work they have to do. I watch my son go through that everyday, they just let a person stay who hooked a person with a forklift and dragged her over 50 ft. when he wasn't watching in front of his load and that's after striking a barrier earlier and partially taking down a wall. Son fired him but HR dept. wasn't having any of that, claiming he wasn't following procedure. What happened to firing those immediately who have proven to be a clear danger to others???????? It's just off the charts stupid there.

If relief is not coming you may well have to adjust the situation yourself in the ways you have open to you that don't break the law..............more money if that gets in the way? You can't put the money in front of your sanity.

Well, you can, but you'll find like all the others it didn't pay off if you crack up.

Not trying to be mean at all but things are what they are. Good team building by virtue of hiring methods and procedures currently used is dead, the very companies that scream for it have butchered their own systems in such a way it makes that impossible now. They have actively made the choice to suffer the losses rather than train better to have to pay more, take note of the whopping losses I called out higher up. The true secret of globalization. Nobody gets fired anymore until somebody dies and maybe not even then. The powers that rule have determined they will simply overcharge for product when costs go up as they have not a clue how to build teams at work, they just drop back and complain all day as well. Or repackage product and slip in the cost increase then. Figure the cost of the new 16 oz. canned cokes ($1.49) at per ounce vs. the 12 ($.89) and you find they increased with the bigger serving.......no problem, Americans now too stupid to think to do the math there.

The 'law of McDonald's' I spoke of higher up. It's this..................when the lackluster types who used to make McDonald's burgers when they were teens they didn't care back then that they could not make the same burger 5 times right in a row without something being wrong with it. They could not stand to be corrected back then and they d-mn sure won't stand for it now. Those people have now moved up into positions of power simply because they are in the big numbers now and no competents to be found any longer. Look at how businesses now treat you, look at CEO behavior. Look at all the incompetents now being praised in the government. We pick judges that have never ruled on a case ever and heads of health that have known raised costs on drugs simply because they can. What one gets with a president that cannot even accurately count how many floors are on his own buildings, and if not out and out lying then obviously forgets what he said just 8 hours ago. McDonald's school of business there.

All the gunfire in the world is not going to change that, if problems with it you must look inside yourself for the cure as the rest of the planet is too busy eating itself to take note.

25th divguy
Car: 2005 gt350z

There are a couple of seriously ill and angry people here. What the hell happened to you guys to be so angry? No accomplishments?
I have been around actual heroes. They had control of their emotions & were good guys.
Get ahold of yourselves.

zzzZZZsth

Hello 25th. It's not so much of an emotional problem as it is a seemingly overall frustration with our young workforce (at least from my perspective). This seems to be the general theme here. If you looked at things from our perspective I believe that in general, in today's society filled with gadgets and a sort of ADD mentality, that you may begin to see our point.

I am actually the least emotional people you will meet. But just like the kind of hippie young kid who just can't get things right in the workforce, I'd compare it to a dripping faucet. At SOME POINT, you will have to fire this person. The problem is that one must then comb through several more to find a replacement. Now with my background is where I differ from some. I grew up the hard way, and was in several fights growing up, learned how to handle a glock, and can skin a buck. We may differ here.

I'm not saying I'm a hero, and that I'm like or associate myself with other members on here. But I grew up with discipline and structure, and somewhere along the way, this I feel, has been kind of lost in our young people as evidenced by what we are seeing. I personally believe there is too much access to youtube and p0rn, and that our young men spend too much time chasing tail. My dad for example was old schooled, and was a smart man and said that real men spent their time on motorcyles and cars. Today I don't even know if our young men know hot to drive a manual car. At some point our economy as others have mentioned will suffer and other countries, like China, where the communistic government probably regulates how much gas these guys can buy, will punch us in the teeth. Don't get me wrong, I love our country and i love seeing plants such as Honda being established in Ohio. I guess I will blame partly myself, but the goal of this thread is to identify solutions.

I politely ask if you have no contribution then to not fire negative comments at any of the members on this forum. There are plenty others to engage in communication.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

X2.

When I personally refer to someone as incompetent or stupid I don't like that but I will NOT divert away from the truth as that is exactly what enables that type of behavior, the mollycoddling of it to let it get all out of shape. The being 'nice'. The being blindly optimistic. One CANNOT deal accurately with a problem by covering it up with nice words. Try if you want, I've been there hundreds of times.

I personally have no military and I thank every one of you that did as I question whether I could do as good a job as you. I have had a wonderful life and the pessimism I have is a large piece of that as it has enabled me to see things coming whopping amounts faster than others who 'control themselves'. I successfully predicted the closing of several places I worked at and deaf ears is all I found trying to tell others to look at it for what it was. Of course they lost homes and other things when the rug got jerked out.

A company is simply a bigger version of a person and any talk of not getting angry will not matter one whit when they tell you they are closing your plant down. I of course saw it and jumped ship ahead of it every time and no hit to my family as a result.

Anger and pessimism are two totally different things but the problem is all the optimistic people cannot see that for the optimism, in many ways it is a whopping blinder to the truth.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

Here's a question to ponder....................anybody thrust into a sudden situation with no warning that does well can be considered a hero now. What about the guys who go through their entire lives doing their best to stay out of jail and pay their bills and do every other thing we were taught is good and noble by our parents? They don't come to their neighbors begging for help to have them helped whereupon they then can go right back to the bad behavior that got them in that bad place to begin with. They don't have to mention honor and uprightness every day simply because they LIVE IT and to them that is NORMAL and everybody should be doing it. The ones you never hear about yet this country at least used to be based on them and them alone.

Some of the 'young punks' will of necessity come around but a lot don't, it's easier to be mad at the planet than to change yourself. The loser then always takes the easy way out. I for one don't like the way the numbers are looking there.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

W. T. F.

This does NOT belong in the 350Z/370Z tech forum. It doesn't even belong in the Z forum. Enjoy your new home in General Chat, I'm sure plenty of folks will strike up a conversation with y'all.

EdBwoy

Oh, interesting thread. I wondered why I hadn't seen it.

Well, first off, thankfully everyone has kept a decent form of respect of others and the freedom of speech.

#2. I strongly believe (noone has proven otherwise in my short time on earth), that discussions on religion, politics and how to raise kids aren't true debates. Noone ever gets into these discussions to learn. Everyone is in to tell you why their guy and method is the correct one and is rigid on their stand.
I was taught that these are the things you don't discuss in a bar.

#3. Anyone can be anything on the internet, and NO! You cannot win on the internet. Refer to #2 above

With those opinions out of the way, I'd like to say that society is constantly changing. Is it for the better? I don't know, but people generally hate change.
I am pretty sure no matter what years you were a teenager, you were considered one of the "kids these days" to the older generation at that time and did things differently.
These kids didn't raise themselves.

Also, we are a product of our society and norms at a given time. Just because we are raised one way does not mean we are wrong/right. I mean, some people are more different or screw up big time; and generally society has a way of getting these individuals out of the general population.
Think of Marijuana and how the legality is different in various countries and how that has changed even in the United States over time.

Again, no matter how frustrated you are, please don't threaten to kill people. Beyond the law, when you brandish a weapon at somebody, you are putting your life on the line just as well.

Change jobs, move to a low population rural area or whatever you must do to avoid the situations you don't like. It would be unreal of me to expect to get everything I want or for things to always go my way... which I hear as a major complaint about "kids these days".

Stay healthy and take care of yourselves out there. Stress kills

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Random acts of violence for the sake of wanting to "kick a little a**" is a fairly disturbed point of view...in about any scenario I can think of. As a vet I'd suggest you call this number and have a long talk with whoever answers. They can help. 1-800-273-8255 or text 838255

Just tell them what you're thinking about like you did here on Nico. They'll be able to help you work this out. They helped a buddy of mine and probably saved his life in the long run. It's 100% confidential btw.

Return to “General Chat”