Road Race Engineering Oil Breather/Catch Can

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Cpt_Impossible
Car: G35 6MT

I recently made a cold air box for the cone filter but noticed that I was getting some oil coming out of my HKS so I ordered a catch can from http://www.roadraceengineering.com. Cost me like $61 shipped. I didnt want one of the lame ebay ones with kitchen hose and a clear tube so you could check the level. You know that is all gonna look gross after a few months.

Cpt_Impossible

If you cant tell from the pic. this is setup as 100% plumback so I can utilize the intake's vacuum and not have to chop up any of the barbs on the valve covers.

Darius
Car: RB25DET S14 - 665 WHP (SOLD)

You will not get much vacuum on the crankcase with the breather filter on the oil catch can. It isn't hurting anything by the way you have it plumbed, but if you want vacuum from the intake on the crankcase, you must remove the breather filter and block off the opening.

DJButton
Car: 2010 Nissan 240sx

Hmmm, looks better then lots of catch can set-ups I've seen I'll def give it that! Question though, what is the purpose of the aftermarket blow-off valve with the factory one as well?

Cpt_Impossible

For JDM tizightness!!!

No, actually the engine clip came that way. I do like it though, it perplexed me at 1st. But it doesnt stall at all on decell. The bov's release at slightly different pressures so you get a nice pshh accompanied by that unique HKS super sound almost like an echo. Made it a pain to make my cold air box, but I like it and I dont plan on changing it.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”