Road and Track Coupe Comparo: Alti v. Mitsu

All things Altima Coupe.
Jaeger
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SE 6MT

Here you go guys:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/ar...=5510

Not a true comparison - more like two separate articles on each car juxtaposed side-by-side.

Alti gets panned by both writers for front end styling ("snoresville", "bulbous"), but outruns and outhandles the Mitsu. Most telling feature for me is that the 0-60 time they got for the 6 sp. Alti Coupe (5.7 - not too shabby) is only two tenths of a second slower than that deliverd by the 60hp stronger Infiniti G-37 tested in the same issue.

Jaeger

altima coupe
Car: 2008 Black 3.5 Altima Coupe

I didn't even consider the eclipse when I was making my decision. I needed some back seat space and I was more comfortable with Nissan's reliablity. I love the Altima's style and I would have bought the 4 door if I couldn't fit my kid's in the back on those occasions when the whole family is in the same car. The coupe also manages to fit my hockey bag in the trunk so I went with style and a car I love over practicality and a car I like. The Eclipse is very stylish which is more than I can say for the Honda or Toyota coupes.

phakfear
Car: 2008 Grey Altima Coupe 3.5/Prem

I may be bias(3.5SE Coupe owner), but I don't really like the Eclipse. The Eclipse is more stylish, but I think in a couple of years the Eclipse will be the one that looks out of place. The Altima's looks are classic, timeless like the G35.

Atleast they are trying thou, unlike Toyota and Honda thou.

KayaVibration
Car: 2008 Altima 3.5 SE Coupe w/ Premium and Tech Packages

Alti gets panned by both writers for front end styling ("snoresville", "bulbous"),

"Bulbous" is that like "Bubble Toes" the song by Jack Johnson
Modified by KayaVibration at 6:57 PM 7/5/2007

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”