RJM Clutch Pedal question

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
tom2012

Has anyone with the RJM clutch pedal installed ran into any difficulties when getting your transmission fluid changed?

I ask because I noticed in the RJM documentation they state you need to adjust the AFP setting back to 0% in order to get full travel while bleeding the system.
I plan on showing the RJM doc to my Infiniti dealer, but I'm concerned they will not understand or follow the steps.

Thanks.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Do you have a link to the product?
I imagine the dealer can just vacuum bleed it and really get it...

tom2012

http://rjmperformance.com/370z-g37/

I'm no expert, but even if using a vacuum device, don't you still finish by bleeding the lines?

Here is what RJM says about bleeding the system.
Note On Bleeding Clutch System*
If you are attempting the pump/hold method of bleeding the hydraulic system with the RJM Pedal installed you must reduce the AFP setting to 0% restoring full stroke to the master cylinder in order to get full strokes and get all the air out. Failure to do so won’t allow proper bleeding of the clutch hydraulic system. If installing the RJM Pedal at the same time as a new Clutch, Master Cylinder, Concentric Slave Cylinder or Stainless Clutch Line it’s recommended to install and bleed the system first with the OEM pedal. Only install the RJM Pedal once everything has been bled completely and the new Clutch, Master Cylinder, Concentric Slave Cylinder or Stainless Clutch Line, etc are checked for proper operation.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

You can bleed the lines via vacuum though.
Either way, it sounds like adjusting the pedal back to full stroke isn't a big deal if they need to pump and bleed.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”