Ripped off By Concept Z in Arizona

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
aeleven

I purchased a Rack and Pinion from Concept Z and was charged a core charge of $200. The Rack and Pinion arrived then I removed my old Rack and Pinion and put it in the box with the pre-paid UPS label the company provided. I then brought it to the UPS store where they shipped the core to the address on the label. Three months later I contact Concept Z and they tell me that they need a tracking number to reimburse me for my core charge. I never received a tracking number because the shipping label was prepaid, but Concept Z tells me sorry but they can not do anything without a tracking number. They tell me that the core went to a 3rd party company that cant find my core, without a tracking number. I contacted the UPS store and they tell me that the only way to find this Tracking number is by using the shipper number of the company, but the I'm not allowed to have the shipper number. So now I get cheated out of $200.00 for a core that was shipped to the proper address. The customer suffers because of the poor record keeping of Concept Z.. I find it hard to believe that the company that provided me the pre paid shipping label that also has a tracking number pre- associated with it cant find my core. This company has horrible record keeping.

I filed a complaint with the BBB, has anyone else been burned by these guys?

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

I don't want to sound like the bad guy here, but you're guilty of faulty record keeping as well. There should have been a tracking number on the prepaid shipping label you used. And every pre-paid label that I've ever had from UPS had a tear-off portion or small peel-off sticker with the tracking number for me to keep in case of any mishaps. Even minus both of those I'd have made a copy or snapped a cell pic of the entire label to have in case I needed it.

I'd love for someone from Concept Z to pop in here and help shed some light on the situation.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Not to pile on, but I agree with BusyBadger, "the poor record keeping" was on your end.

If you took the package to an actual UPS store, they would have scanned the package into their system and given you a receipt. They can look up all packages sent out on any given day, as long as it was scanned in.

If you took it to an Authorized Shipping Outlet, such as PARCEL PLUS, they generally don't scan prepaid labels. Even so, there's still hope, but it requires work on your part. You will need to go in person to your nearest UPS Customer Center (hub), to request the details. They'll want to know the day it was dropped off and at what location, as well as the name and address of the company it was being shipped to. The more details you can provide, the easier it will be for them to track it down.

aeleven

I have ordered through Black dragon, Z1 Motor Sports, The Z shop and lots of other online stores. I have never had any issues until I started dealing with Concept Z, usually I put my core in the box, slap the pre paid shipping label on it, ship it and I get reimbursed on my core. Why doesn't the incompetent 3rd party company that they use have the tracking number? The prepaid shipping label had a tracking number generated with it. Concept Z finally gave the shipping number after I filed a BBB complaint, now I have to deal with UPS and search through a thousand page report to find the tracking number that they should have had. You don't treat your customers like this. I'm kind of worried now about the quality of the Rack in Pinion that I ordered now, It was a tough install, I hope it doesn't fail on me. I highly doubt that Concept Z would honor any warranty from their 3rd party rebuilders.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

Seems like you've been a busy guy lately AE. You could have been using that time to track down your shipped core instead of grinding an axe.

http://www.zdriver.com/forums/350z-z33- ... off-41467/

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/173-nis ... izona.html

http://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissa ... izona.html

That last thread has a response from Concept Z with everything you need to know. For those that don't want to jump over there here's the quoted text:
Concept Z Performance wrote:Hey Guys,

We are working on this, the pre-paid label is provided by the manufacturer, not by CZP. We are working with both the customer and the manufacturer to get this resolved. We don't refund cores until we get confirmation that it has been returned, so in the end we will get this resolved and client will get his refund, we just need to know which core the manufacturer received is for this customer. Requested a tracking number from the client to speed things up, but he could not provide, so now we're going back and forth with the manufacturer trying to locate it. Thx for all the support, we love you guys
We're done here.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Yep. CZP are good guys, and you weren't "ripped off."

Honestly, if you had bashed my company like that, I sure wouldn't be as patient as they've been - they even said you'll get your core charge.

p.s. Installing a R&P isn't hard. You probably should have left it to someone more mechanically inclined.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”