RIP 2018 Kicks

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Didn't even have this vehicle for 7 months and it's been totaled. Hit by a red-light runner, who stated to Fort Myers Police Department that he "had a migraine". If you gonna have a migraine or anything that will cause a safety issue for other people please don't drive. Also, please don't drive IF YOU ARE NOT EVEN INSURED UNDER THE VEHICLE!!!!!!

All said and done, body shop quoted Geico, our insurance company, $20k worth of repairs (literally more than the value of the vehicle), which immediately totaled out the vehicle. Its currently at the IAA lot at Fort Myers.

IAA Listing: https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=329 ... ecent=True

My dad was the only one in the vehicle when the incident occurred, while the person(s) at fault had 2 other people in his vehicle. They were driving an old Grand Marquis, so you'll understand the severity of this accident. My dad was immediately sent to the Lee county trauma center via an ambulance, and there were witnesses on the scene that helped the FMPD (Fort Myers Police) with this case. Insurance did cut us a check of $19k, and now we are back into car shopping again. And he is recovering slowly because he isn't taking any medications or medicine at all.

But this time, we have a faster deadline to buy the vehicle as I will have classes at the end of August.

macgiver

Inside a fortune cookie was this " you will not be hit by Red light runner , if you are not a Green light jumper " :squint:

Get well soon :yesnod Seeing what's L & R on the cross street , especially if your "in motion" and heading into and anticipate your greenlight COMING ON most helpful Confucis say.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Well that handled itself. You no longer have to have a kicks!

datechboss101

PapaSmurf2k3 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:00 am
Well that handled itself. You no longer have to have a kicks!
Yep. What I am not looking for is its replacement. Not sure why we need another Rogue :inout: . I understand likes Nissan now because of the packages and deals they give, but he drives mine on the occasion, whereas my mom wanted a CRV.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Allow me to be the first to say that we all wish your dad a speedy recovery. Glad this didn't end any worse that it did.

datechboss101

Larz wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:44 am
Allow me to be the first to say that we all wish your dad a speedy recovery. Glad this didn't end any worse that it did.
He is doing well and having a great recovery. His company is allowing him to work from home this entire month so he can fully recover. He also has a lot of doctor appointments due to the severity of the accident, in which I am taking him whenever I am free, so he can relax instead of driving.

datechboss101

Update on the Kicks:

Just checked the insurance listing and found out that it got a Certificate of Destruction (Florida).

Buzzman
Car: 2017 Mazda 6 GT
2023 Kia Stinger Elite V6 AWD.

[/quote]

Yep. What I am not looking for is its replacement. Not sure why we need another Rogue :inout: . I understand likes Nissan now because of the packages and deals they give, but he drives mine on the occasion, whereas my mom wanted a CRV.
[/quote]

If you're looking at a new CR-V with the 1.5l turbo, then don't do it.
That engine has serious oil dilution issues (gas in oil) which Honda still doesn't have a fix for.
Google it and you'll find a ton of complaints and info on the problem. You're welcome.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

Well, that's very un-honda like. Bummer for them, and everyone with that problem.

datechboss101

We actually ended up getting the 2019 Rogue SV w/ Premium Package and Fog lights (that's a separate option). Our out-the-door price was $24,990, which includes a $1715 tax + $799 dealer fee + $200 for title transfer. We paid in cash. However, there was 2 managers that were involved, and one gave us that $24,990 for cash and the other one was forcing us to finance, in which we told him that we are going to walk out. As we litterally were walking out, that 2nd manager came back to us and said that he will give us the Rogue for said OTD price.

And this dealer was in Tampa... So for them to mess with us, I wasn't having any because I literally drove the entire family during Interstate-4 rush hour traffic (apparently, its one of the deadliest roads in America, due to high volume of tourists and constructions) to the dealership to buy the new vehicle.

The CX-5, NX 300, CR-V Touring, CPO MB-E350 and Audi Q5, were on our lists, but the final two contenders were the Rogue and Q5. We looked at the car per dollar ratio, and the Rogue just beat out everything in our list.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin

For someone that really hates Nissan, you sure do go back to them an awful lot.

datechboss101

It's definitely not my choice of a brand after dealing with one already. Now, add the Kicks as our 2nd one, and the ONLY one to literally catch on fire due to a car accident... I remembered that the 04 Hyundai Elantra Hatch didn't catch on fire. Now, for this third one, I am already hating it and hating the brand even more. Like seriously, its like 3 model years different, and I'm seeing a lagging backup camera, problematic issues with the head unit, feeling cheaper than what its actually worth brand new, ProPilot assist doesn't work like Honda Sensing or AcuraWatch (kinda disappointing that I have to use Cruise Control when I want to use lane-keeping assist).

I will do a thread bump again for my rant. I also need to contact NissanUSA on how they implemented ProPilot assist, because if I cannot use certain features without Cruise Control, then this is a waste of my father's money.

Return to “General Chat”