Rims

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
chemiro
Car: Rogue

Hi everyone...this is my first time posting a question. Just bought my awesome Rogue a week ago. I have the S model, so no alloy rims, just hubcaps, which I hate them, so my question is......has anyone put Rims on their Rogue. I was thinking of going to 18" rims, but don't know yet. If anyone has put rims, can you post some pics. Thanks

boooey

Can i ask
chemiro wrote:Hi everyone...this is my first time posting a question. Just bought my awesome Rogue a week ago. I have the S model, so no alloy rims, just hubcaps, which I hate them, so my question is......has anyone put Rims on their Rogue. I was thinking of going to 18" rims, but don't know yet. If anyone has put rims, can you post some pics. Thanks
Can i ask you a question, and i mean no offense..

Why didn't you just get an SL?

Razter
Car: Rogue SL AWD

If you look at Discount Tires web site (http://www.discounttire.com) you can see the different styles and sizes of wheels applied to the Rogue (or other vehicles). You can even vary the color of the vehicle. It's a pretty nice way to see what your vehicle will look like with the new rims.

PCY

18" is a lot heavier than 17's, even much heavier than your 15's. It'll consume your gas/mileage and disappoint you. Especially with this I-4 engine, it's pushing it at 17's already. Be careful.

chemiro

My question was regarding rims and you ask why I didn't buy the SL....I could not justify the additional cost.....Don't get me wrong, the SL has all the bells and whistles but I just need to get from point A to B.......and while doing so, make a few mods on my own without having to pay for the extras for the term of the loan.

chemiro

Great...thanks for the info!

flybooey

PCY wrote:18" is a lot heavier than 17's, even much heavier than your 15's. It'll consume your gas/mileage and disappoint you. Especially with this I-4 engine, it's pushing it at 17's already. Be careful.
All correct info for sure. Just one more thing...the cost of those 18" tires initially and then when you have to replace them. Painful...!

boooey

chemiro wrote:My question was regarding rims and you ask why I didn't buy the SL....I could not justify the additional cost.....Don't get me wrong, the SL has all the bells and whistles but I just need to get from point A to B.......and while doing so, make a few mods on my own without having to pay for the extras for the term of the loan.
wow, someone is sensitive!! I said I didn't mean to offend when asking you the question, yet you still seems to be annoyed by my question to you.

I was just asking because it would of probably been cheaper then going out and buying 18" rims and new tires now, but i see now that you didn't want the extra cost in the loan..

chemiro

Thank you to everyone for their good advice! I am following it. I just purchased the 17" alloy Rogue SL rims to stay on the safe side. Got a real good deal on ebay.....Tires and rims for $850.....can't beat that. Not to mention the dealership wanted about $600 just for one rim. Again...thank you

chirp the 1-2

dam wish i could have gotten to u a couple days sooner, i have access to a couple brand new take off sets im selling for 650.00 shipped!

Return to “Rogue Forum”